**Relocation assistance is available with this opportunity!**
Are you a culinary artist who uses food as your medium? Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 2 at Georgia Institute of Technology located in the heart of downtown Atlanta, Georgia.
The position drives culinary excellence at North Ave, one of three large community restaurant facilities on Georgia Tech's campus serving 4500 student board plans. North Ave operates daily including weekends and late night hours and averages over 18,000 meals weekly during the fall semester. This location is in operation all year supporting fall, spring, and summer semesters.
The Executive Chef 2 position reports directly to the Campus Executive Chef and will typically work a Sunday through Thursday schedule. This position works with the lead Operations Manager 2/Unit Manager completing a three-person management team that also includes a Service Manager and the unit is directly supported by an Operations Manager 3 from the resident dining department. The location has an hourly staff of approximately 60 Sodexo-paid employees including multiple levels of culinary experience and skill. The Executive Chef needs to be extremely creative, providing cutting edge offerings that will "WOW" the client. This is a working chef position. Excellent customer service and client relations skills are a must.
The ideal candidate:
- has high volume culinary production experience in Campus/University, Hotel, or Banquet setting
- is committed to providing the highest level of culinary services.
- is a leader and focuses on team building, training, and mentoring of staff
- focuses on food quality, safety, presentation, creativity, cleanliness, and facility maintenance.
- is technically competent in unit financial management with proven experience ordering, maintaining food and labor cost, and controlling inventory.
- takes responsibility for training and development of hourly culinary employees.
- possesses a strong understanding of food safety and HACCP standards and ability to drive employee accountability for sanitation standards.
- demonstrates culinary creativity and is experienced creating menu’s that incorporate promotions and interactive student presentations.
- is an organized professional with effective leadership, communication, time management, interpersonal skills.
- experience with procuring and using local ingredients
- preferably possess a culinary degree and a CEC Certification through American Culinary Federation
Come join Sodexo Education, the leading campus dining provider, serving more than 600 higher education campuses throughout the country!
Sodexo - A world leader in Food and Facilities Management Services
Connect, Search and Apply all on the go with the Sodexo Jobs App! Available for mobile devices
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.