Sodexo is seeking a Registered Dietitian to join its team at Munson Medical Center in Traverse MI. In this role, you will provide medical nutrition therapy in an oncology Outpatient setting.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivering an extraordinary patient experience via patient empowered care; goes above and beyond the concept of excellence in health care.
- Demonstrating competency in cancer services software applications (EMR, navigation software and billing suite.
- Exploring opportunities for payer reimbursement.
- Providing individualized, evidence-based nutrition care in the Outpatient setting in relation to the patient’s diagnosis, treatment, age group, nutrition status and other assessed parameters.
- Providing group patient education including the preparation and or presentation of prepared specialized/functional foods recipes for patient/family sampling and instruction for home use.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team individually and in meetings in recommending, implementing and monitoring nutrition interventions.
- Providing professional and staff education to ensure the safe management and care of patients and families by clearly presenting formal and informal in-service classes in all outpatient clinics and by providing clearly understood written and /or printed information. May provide written and verbal information at professional conferences and seminars.
- Providing advanced clinical nutrition practice information/education to the community in the utilization of nutrient-dense foods to promote cancer prevention in at risk family members and local populations.
- Participating in cancer projects for quality improvement.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Master’s Degree in Human Nutrition or related field.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in an acute care setting in a tertiary, acute care teaching/research facility that includes care of oncology patients
- Board Certification credential (CSO) for Registered Dietitians in Oncology Nutrition or (CNSC) for Nutrition Support.
- Current Registered Dietitian with the Commission on Dietetic Registration
Responsible for providing direct comprehensive nutrition services
-Directs nutrition care of special needs population to ensure nutrition needs and customer satisfaction levels are met.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.
-Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy.
-Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexho resource when necessary.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments..