Sodexo is seeking a registered dietitian to come join their dynamic team at Uniontown Hospital in Uniontown, PA (Pittsburgh, PA and Morgantown, WV Metro area). Uniontown Hospital is a 224-bed, compassionate, dedicated community hospital providing a full range of medical care to residents of Fayette County and the surrounding areas for more than a century.
Health care services provided at our acute and specialty care hospital include an award-winning Cardiology Department and catheterization lab, an award-winning Stroke Center, a state-of-the-art Wound Healing Center and the Family Beginnings Birthing Center.
Reporting to the General Manager, the ideal candidate will:
- Be a Registered Dietitian with acute care experience.
- Have knowledge of with the nutrition care process and electronic health records charting.
- Provide education to patients, as well as staff and work well with physicians, nursing, and ancillary staff.
- Possess the ability to creatively problem solve, work independently with minimal supervision and make decisions while working within self-directed and team-oriented work environment.
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills to interact with a wide variety of individuals and groups.
Click here to learn more about Uniontown Hospital
Responsible for providing direct basic nutrition services
-Provides nutrition care to population served to ensure needs and customer satisfaction levels are met.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.
-Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy.
-Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexho resource when necessary.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Follows operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments..