Due to business growth, Rockwell is adding to this already strong team of development engineers.
We're looking for an experienced software configuration management expert to become the key development operations engineer for our multinational embedded software and software development team. You need to be excited about automating, enhancing and maintaining the development tools to deliver proper builds, scalable delivery solutions, and other challenging software configuration management topics.
We'd prefer hands-on experience with ClearCase, TeamCity and Artifactory, but experience with other SCM systems (i.e. Git, SVN, Mercurial), continuous integration build managers (i.e. Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo), and artifact repositories (i.e. Nexus, Archiva) would be just as relevant. We have a strategy and infrastructure in place but are looking for someone with hands-on operational excellence experience to enhance and scale our current system.
Our team is comprised of engineers with diverse technical backgrounds who love to solve problems and can leverage their personal experience to grow our teams.You will be working in a complex, multi-national multi-site software and embedded software organization. Some after-hours support is required for tool maintenance to avoid disrupting team productivity. Occasional travel to other development sites within and outside the US may be required.
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering and 5+ years of hands-on software development experience with at least 3+ years of configuration management experience. If no degree, 8+ years of software configuration management experience.
- 90 days of current Rockwell Automation contractor experience.
- Experience in setting up and managing software development server hardware and software, specifically on Microsoft Windows and Linux
- This position will be working in a complex, multi-national multi-site embedded software and software organization. Some after-hours support are required
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Experience implementing test frameworks in python or other scripting language.
- Experience with formal, automated unit and integration testing of software / firmware.
- C/C++ experience in a real time environment.
- Prior use of automated IT infrastructure / operating system configuration management tools, such as Puppet or Chef.
- Depending upon business needs, this candidate may have opportunity to participate in a Scrum team as a unit test engineer. For this part of the role, C/C++ experience in a real time environment would be a plus.
Control Products and Solutions
Engineering and Technicians
Yes - Domestic
No. of Positions:
Mequon - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.