Sodexo Government has an exciting opportunity for a Food General Manager / Chef Manager at The United States House of Representatives, a prestigious food service account located in Washington DC. The Food General Manager / Chef Manager will be responsible for maintaining an excellent client relationship and ensuring high customer service standards. Individual must have expert knowledge of food quality, food safety, and food production.
The Food General Manager / Chef Manager will have full oversight of the operation while managing 12 union employees. The food service offerings at this location include a grill, Chef’s table, and salad bar. This operation is Monday thru Friday, 52 weeks per year and closed on all Federal holidays.
The_ ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Experience in 5 star or upscale dining operations, Customer Service, Cash handling, HR responsibilities, Financial Reporting, Marketing and promotions.
- Must have detailed experience and knowledge of the culinary process. To include inventory control, ordering, recipe compliance HACCP and the ability of ensuring food quality at the highest level. Must also be able to forecast sales and maintain the production process.
- This position requires an individual with a high level of financial acumen. Must understand food cost, labor controls, middle of the page expenses with an expert level of P & L knowledge.
- Ability to manage standards/systems in a café / retail operation. The ability to hold employees accountable and the ability to create an engaged productive work force.
- Previous Retail operations experience and a passion for providing quality food options to enhance and elevate the dining experience.
Security clearance is required.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission.
In addition to offering a great opportunity, this position also provides a competitive salary, great benefits…and so much more!!
page and consider signing up for our Career Connections eNewsletter.
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account
- Provides team leadership & training
- Controls unit financials
- Directs daily food operations for quality & safety standards
- Supervises day to day activities
- Delegates authority
- Assigns & prioritizes activities
- Monitors operating standards
- Establishes a safe work environment
10: Support workplace inclusion activities
C/S: Culinary focus with ADMIN responsibilities. Limited menu, basic program