Sodexo Government has an exciting opportunity for a Food Service Manager 2 at The United States House of Representatives, a prestigious food service account located in Washington DC. The Food Service Manager 2 will be responsible for maintaining an excellent client relationship and ensuring high customer service standards. This position will oversee front of the house operations for the Exclusive 5 Star Members Dining Room located in the Capitol for use by member of the US. Congress. This position is responsible for the overall dining experience for all guests of the restaurant. Must be an energetic, professional with an excellent track record in hospitality while focused on providing superior customer experience. The ideal candidate must possess in depth knowledge about Food & Beverage in addition to superior customer relations skills, excellent communication is essential to build a rapport with guests and ability to lead a team.
The Food Service Manager 2 will have full oversight of front of the house operations while managing 6 union employees and complete coordination with back of the house chefs. The Menu offerings at this location include Breakfast and Lunch Entrees, ala'carte, dessert and appetizer offerings. This operation is open when congress is in session, the food service manager may take on other responsibilities when congress is out of session.
The ideal candidate:
- has a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively
- has the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service
- can demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed
Security clearance is required.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission.
In addition to offering a great opportunity, this position also provides a competitive salary, great benefits…and so much more!!
page and consider signing up for our Career Connections eNewsletter.
Provides supervision for multi-functional food service areas at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit through the implementation of Sodexo programs while executing against Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintains and develops client relationships and customer satisfaction for multi-functional food service areas to ensure account retention and positive public relations
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards
- Utilizes Sodexo resources and programs to ensure operating standards and regulatory requirements are met and employees have the necessary equipment and inventory
- Manages by providing positive and constructive feedback to employees in order to reward, coach, correct and motivate in order drive a high-level of employee engagement