Job # 67894 – Sodexo is seeking a Food Operations Manager (III)_ at North Carolina Central University (NCCU) in Durham, NC. This Director of Operations position is in a fast paced, growing university located in the Research Triangle.
In this role, you manage the day to day operational needs of; a resident dining facility serving over 30,000 meals per week, 4 national brand retail outlets, a convenience store, coffee shops, faculty and staff dining, and a world class catering operation.
Are you extremely organized_, results driven and detail orientated with an outstanding financial acumen, keen computer skills, successful time management and the ability to organize daily work flow and train teams in delivering exceptional customer service? If so, we would love to hear from you!
We are interested in learning about your following skills: building teams, training and program implementation, residential dining and retail food operations, creating labor schedules, managing to budgets, an eye for detail, and your successes with program enhancements for Five Star Customer Service!
Your Skill Check List for this Director Position;
High-volume campus / university food operations
Financial skills for 8.3 million in volume
HR Skills; 5 Sodexo Managers, 20 Supervisors, 160 Hourly Employees
Experience; National Brands, Catering, Food Retail, Resident Dining
Experience developing teams, succession planning
Ability to manage large teams through managers
Professional manner and excellent communicator
Skills to manage contract purchasing & inventory
Working knowledge of food and physical safety programs
Servsafe Certified & understanding of Board of Health requirements
Success in driving sales and controlling costs
Sodexo quality service standards & retail brand compliance
Schedule; _Mon-Fri; 9am-7pm according to business needs with some weekends/holidays
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE is available for this posting _I
To learn more about NCCU we invite you to visit our site
Sodexo Benefits at a glance;
Sodexo - A world leader in Food and Facilities Management Services
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Assumes General Manager’s (GM) responsibilities and authority in his/her absence
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies