This is an exciting opportunity to join a global, innovative team immersed in strategic initiatives that drive and deliver The Connected Enterprise to our customers. The Connected Enterprise converges plant-level and enterprise networks, and securely connects people, processes, and technologies. In this role you will support the Information Solutions business by developing effective upstream marketing and growth strategies.
This is highly collaborative role where you will work with cross-functional stakeholders and influence leaders across the company to take innovative upstream marketing approaches. This global position works closely with our Partner Programs Manager, product management, sales, internal consulting, and regional channel management to develop, retain and grow sales through target customers.
- Develop clear market segmentation maps and identify and define customer segments to focus on.
- Using analytics and other qualitative and quantitative insights, develop a deep understanding of how customers use our products and what our competitive advantage is in order to win business.
- Competitive strategy and active monitoring of the competitive environment, including market sizing and share analysis
- Strengthening global portfolio positioning, go to market strategies, market development and lifecycle management
- Identify and prioritize unmet needs across key customer stakeholder groups
- Develop comprehensive business cases with detailed financial analysis
- Identify trends in the market and translate these trends into business opportunities and actions.
- Identify and pursue incremental growth opportunities (new markets, new channels, regional opportunities, tech uses, etc.) outside and within the existing portfolio
- Measure effectiveness of marketing programs
- Translate the business goals to strategic plans that will drive revenues and exceed financial performance expectations worldwide.
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
BA/BS Degree and 10 years field sales or marketing experience - OR - 15 years of equivalent directly related experience in broad marketing principles.
5+ years experience with technology / software sales
Must be available to travel at least 25%+
- Ability to translate data into actionable plans
- Knowledge of manufacturing execution or the automation space
- Highly motivated, dynamic and customer-oriented leader who thrives in a challenging and changing environment
- Experience working in and/or leading teams in global, cross-functional environments and/or matrix organizations
- Substantial applied product and market management experience in multiple disciplines such as competitive strategy, brand management and/ or product development.
Architecture and Software
Sales, Services, and Solutions
No. of Positions:
San Jose - California
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.