Logistics Supervisor- 3rd Shift
203 Kuller Road, Clifton, New Jersey 07011
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's third most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
Distribution Center Supervisor- 3rd Shift
The Distribution Operations Supervisor is directly responsible for overseeing a shift of approximately 25 warehouse associates supporting Distribution Center Operations. Primary responsibilities include all aspects of inbound and outbound shift operations including finished goods accuracy and maintaining associated records, coordinating shift job assignments, scheduling of vacation, attendance, monitoring performance goals for all shift personnel. People management responsibilities include mentoring, coaching, training, developing talent, conducting performance appraisals, addressing performance issues, and resolving problems
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and assist in daily warehouse and shipping areas including: Filling and shipping customer and inter-branch orders, ensuring accuracy of shipments and supporting documentation, receiving inbound shipments and routing shipments to appropriate area or personnel, filling will call orders, specials, and merchandise.
- Actively supports and develops leadership abilities in CIP and Lean Operations.
- Ensuring inventory transactions are accurately logged and overseeing inventory control and reconciliation activities including trade credit administration (including working with Inventory Control Supervisor) with documentation for process improvements and / or corrective action.
- Measuring and reporting the effectiveness of the department goals and activities.
- Developing and maintaining departmental work instructions for all tasks.
- Establishing or adjusting work procedures to meet warehouse demands as dictated by demand schedules and work flow.
- Communicate and enforce safety regulations and company policies to employees.
- Recommend potential solutions and measures to improve quality of service, increasing efficiency of department and work crew and equipment performance.
- Continuously improve warehouse operations through the use of lean practices.
- Collaborate with other supervisors to coordinate activities of facility departments serving internal and external customers.
- Effectively manage all shift employees including leads, warehouse specialists and order pickers driving production goals and meeting/exceeding performance expectations.
- Provide effective employee leadership through ongoing mentoring, coaching, performance management and training.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of 5+ years' distribution and/or logistics experience.
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills required.
- Experience in Lean environment
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills required.
- Results oriented approach with strong sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to create high-performing, self-directed work teams that strive for continuous improvement in both quality and process accountability.
- Professional demeanor, leads by example and is self-motivated.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Prefer experience with SAP ERP. But knowledge of general business computer software and aptitude to learn new software applications acceptable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to meet physical requirements including: a variety of standing, sitting and walking throughout the day.