101 Paragon Drive, Montvale, New Jersey 07645
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's third most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
The Analytics Specialist will define, analyze and deliver reporting/analytical solutions with a focus on statistical and data visualization packages -- including QlikSense, SAS, Business Objects and related tools.
The role will primarily interface with the Business Community, Enterprise Architecture, PMO and Infrastructure groups to deliver these initiatives and will be a critical member of the Analytics Community in the company. The role responsibilities include business requirements analysis, solution design, scenario/algorithmic modeling, program development, unit testing, solutions monitoring, enhancements and coordination. This role functions within a matrix organization.
Technical Development Management:
- Create and deploy analytical models to drive both customer-facing and internal decisions. This may involve descriptive, predictive, diagnostic and/or prescriptive models
- Execute and evaluate appropriate analyses (cluster analysis, logistic/linear regression, collaborative filtering, etc.) given an array of tactical and strategic objectives
- Utilize statistical and data visualization packages to develop innovative approaches to complex business problems
- Define data needs and sources; import, curate, and wrangle/manage data for analytic and discovery projects
- Interface closely with technology partners to manage the analytical environment, acquire data sets, and develop production applications.
- Must have ability to work directly with business users to gather requirements, model/simulate scenarios and translate those requirements into technical specifications
- Aptitude for understanding data and how data from multiple sources interact for consumption
- Can simplify, translate and explain complex processes including the ability to actually explain the models created and their confidence level and accuracy
- Build analytics solutions using variety of big data technologies and analytics tools and create robust documentation of solutions and underlying design decisions and operating procedures
- Must be a resourceful problem solver who possesses creativity in resolving problems
- Possess a project oriented approach to development work
- Ability to work independently and drive work to completion
- Ability to manage a heavy workload, achieve results while meeting project deadlines with minimal supervision
- Interact, collaborate and negotiate with project team, IT colleagues and business line contacts to integrate activities to meet business needs
- Provide input to management for decision making
- Follow standards and processes for change management and version control
- Ability to digest business problems and translate needs into a data-centric context.
- Self-starter attitude with willingness to learn and master new technologies and analytical techniques.
- Flexibility to work both independently and within a team
- Creativity in the face of constraint; "I can solve this" mentality
- Expertise in building and evaluating difference analytical models
- Experience with retail or e-commerce data
- Experience with POS, unstructured, text, or social data
- Experience developing and deploying analytical models into production
- Experience with Hadoop
- Familiarity with data visualization software, such as QlikSense
- Fluency with a scripting language, such as Python or R
- MBA or BA/BS degree in Economics, Computer Science, Applied Statistics, Business Analytics or related field
- 5+ years of business experience in analytics
- Experience working with a large data warehouse/lake a plus
- Strong analytical skills and process orientation with significant attention to detail
- Knowledge of relational, columnar and nosql databases, data warehousing, business intelligence, analytic platforms and CRM tools (Microsoft dynamics knowledge a plus)
- Solid grasp of micro-economics concepts and familiarity with sensitivity analysis
- SAS, Eviews or R required
- Strong technical skills: Microsoft Office; data visualization tools (QlikSense); data querying tools (Business Objects)
- Familiarity with business quantitative and statistical concepts (CAGR, Weighted Sum, Mean, Median, Standard Deviation, etc.)
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact well with all levels of management
- Team player with ability to build productive relationships across many facets of the company