Assistant Lead - Clifton DC
203 Kuller Road, Clifton, New Jersey 07011
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's third most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network
The Assistant Lead will work with the Shift Supervisor and Lead to support the management of the 2nd Shift Distribution Center operations at the Benjamin Moore & Co. Distribution Center in Clifton, NJ. You will assist in the management of all finished goods inventory, inventory accuracy and inventory controls processes during shift operations. You will help to ensure overall productivity, package quality, accuracy and integrity expectations are consistently meet by warehouse associates during the packing, loading and shipping process for internal and external customers in a safe manner.
- Leads, Coaches, and Mentors associates in the DC utilizing current Processes and SWIs to ensure that Associates are working to their highest potential.
- Sets the example in all facets of daily work; including but not limited to appearance, work standards, attendance (including timeliness), and safety.
- Follows and administrates all safety, environmental and regulatory guidelines and rules; uses required safety equipment. Oversees quality and cleanliness of the work areas based on warehouse checklist.
- Assists in managing the WMS shift checklist to ensure daily orders are complete and shipped on time.
- Helps to ensures compliance with all local, state, and federal DOT regulations.
- Assists in leading the shipping department and finished goods warehouse, including load staging, truck loading, finished goods storage, generation of shipping documents, etc.
- Responsible for assignment, maintenance and control of electronic scanning systems and tools. Ensures that all equipment is accounted for daily.
- Help to review and resolve shipping errors and offer suggestions to minimize them.
- Help to ensure expedited shipping of customer special tints.
- Performing 5s audits
- Monitor, Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and other Metrics as designated.
- Engaging their teams and cultivating improvement and efficiency suggestions.
- Perform daily stand up meetings, 5S audits, and shift handover logs
- Need to possess the knowledge to manage the Warehouse Management System, to ensure that all processes are followed but will spend most of time on DC Floor coaching and assisting Team.
- High School degree required an Associate's degree is preferred or commensurate working experience in a distribution center environment.
- A demonstrated ability to lead by example.
- Understand and uphold safety and quality initiatives.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate and build trust and respect with your shift.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment is essential.
- Requires demonstrated computer skills, a working knowledge of the (WMS) as well as an aptitude to keep current with new electronic information systems.
- Computer aptitude and knowledge of Word, Excel, WMS, SAP.
- Attention to detail, ability to work under pressure, strong organizational skills and flexibility are required.
- Ability to work overtime (up to 4 hours past regularly scheduled shift) and weekends when required
- Ability to lift 50 pounds during the shift.
- Ability to drive a forklift and walkie rider.