Distribution Center Operations Manager
203 Kuller Road, Clifton, New Jersey 07011
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's third most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
The DC Operations Manager is accountable for all daily distribution center activities including: safety, quality, customer service, productivity, and the continuous improvement of the distribution center. This key position is accountable for driving best-in-class operations throughout our 3 shift, 150-person distribution site (250K sq. ft.) in Clifton, NJ.
- Manage performance standards and processes for optimizing operations, customer satisfaction, and controlling costs
- Accomplishes warehouse operations human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Resolves service issues with customer service, field sales, retailers, and out of channel customers
- Champion all environmental, health, and safety programs to ensure compliance and effectiveness
- Drive change in culture towards one of continuous improvement and employee engagement
- Participate and support the development, training, and post auditing of all Standard Operating Procedures
- Communicate often and effectively with facility employees on all issues to create an engaged work force
- Recommend allocations and/or adjustments to Logistics budget in response to changing conditions
- Implement new methods of cost control
- Collaborate with Legal and Human Resources on all employee issues
- Ensure compliance on all local, state, and federal laws and regulations
- Safety -- Ensure all safety programs and requirements are met, holding the organization to the highest standards of safety and compliance
- Quality -- Responsible for all DC quality metrics including Pick Accuracy, Inventory Accuracy, Fill Rates, Damage Reduction and others
- Delivery -- Maintain and improve a high degree of On Time Ship and On Time Deliver through the Benjamin Moore Fleet and Common Carrier network.
- Cost -- Provide cost leadership and maintenance in all operating areas to ensure that Cost Per Gallon measures are met or exceeded.
- Team -- Provide robust leadership to direct reports and the entire DC focusing on employee engagement and supporting our Core Values on a daily basis.
- BS or MS Degree in Logistics or related discipline.
- 10 years of large distribution center experience
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Thinks conceptually and intuitively from a lean prospective
- Computer skills to include: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point, and Business Objects
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems, Transportation Systems, and Warehouse Slotting software
- The ability to make decisions with minimal direction and the ability to multi-task.
- ome travel will be required.