Batchmaker 3rd shift
161 Union Avenue Extension P.O. Box 220, Johnstown, New York 12095
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's third most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
Responsible for batch formulation, mixing materials, quality color matching/tinting, and quality of finished product processing within the duties and functions of department to include the following key responsibilities:
- Follows all safety guidelines and rules; environmental and regulatory guidelines; uses all required safety equipment.
- Maintains quality and cleanliness of the work area and equipment.
- Follows batch formulation, as prescribed by Central Labs, and uses knowledge and skills to incorporate approved materials for proper dispersion. Approved materials may be accurately and efficiently added to dispersion task by uses of electronic gauges, valves, temperature controls, flow meters or other related equipment.
- Mixes the materials and performs quality controls checks for dispersion approval and transfer to the next step within the production process, using prescribed equipment. May use electronic information systems to control materials additions, check material inventory supplies, etc.
- Ensures all batches are properly and expeditiously transferred into scheduled tanks for thin-down. Batches are completed in accordance with Central Lab formulations. Batches are completed in accordance with Central Lab formulations, using the prescribed approved raw materials, thickeners, thinners, etc. Materials are accurately measured and delivered to assigned holding tanks, using electronic gauges, valves, transfer equipment, etc. May use electronic information systems to control materials additions to complete batches for final approval.
- Communications with other departments for proper transfer of completed dispersion production process; milling, shading, etc. to assign holding tanks.
- May be required to maintain efficiency of material additions/flow by checking and changing filters.
- Follows all safety guidelines and rules, environmental and regulatory guidelines; uses all required safety equipment. Maintains quality and cleanliness of the work area and equipment.
- Utilizes color spectrophotomer and eye shading expertise to match batches to customer specifications.
- Ensures batches are properly and expeditiously transferred into scheduled tanks for thin-down and color matching/tinting. Batches are completed in accordance with central lab formulations, using the prescribed approved raw materials, colorants, color dispersions, thickeners, thinners, etc. Materials are accurately measured and delivered to assigned holding tanks, using electronic gauges, valves, transfer equipment, etc. May use electronic information systems to control materials additions to complete batches for final approval.
- Involved with quality control checks and procedures, prescribed by central labs to ensure effective, accurate and expeditious processing with first run capability.
- Makes appropriate additions to production batch, as prescribed by quality assurance lab; using approved materials.
- Reutilization of resources for re-work materials in accordance with approved procedures by central lab.
- Communicates with other departments during production process, i.e. mixing, milling and filling/packaging, etc. Scheduled appropriate holding tans for proper co-ordination of product processing.
- May be required to maintain clean filters for transferring products and materials during production processing.
- Willingness to work and cross train in other departments frequently.
- Maintains forklift or other related equipment by checking battery, electrical charger hook-up etc.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to work in a team environment and the willingness to be cross-functional
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Basic math skills, i.e. addition/subtraction
- Ability to stand on feet, bend, stretch, twist for 8 plus hours
- Ability to work safely and follow SOP's
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to use company software and computer system
- Ability to operate a forklift preferred
- Ability to lift 50 pounds continuously throughout shift