101 Paragon Drive, Montvale, New Jersey 07645
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's third most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
SAP Record creation and maintenance
- This task consists of data entry work which will provide the intern with: 1) a working knowledge of key Procurement related data -- and what constitutes "valid" and "useful" data; 2) an understanding of the relevancy and "use" of key Procurement data within an end-to-end ERP system; 3) an opportunity to work with various internal and external (vendor) stakeholders around the accuracy and completeness of key Procurement data. 4) It will also expose the intern to MRP principles, Subcontracting (Toll Manufacturers), and Inventory management principles.
- Commodity Intelligence Data Creation, Management, & Analysis. This task consists of creating and maintaining database of major feedstocks, manufacturing sites, capacity, historical pricing, and the resulting impact on future pricing for commodities we procure. This will provide the intern with 1) an understanding of basic chemicals and downstream derivatives; 2) an understanding of what drives pricing for various commodities and its impact on business requirements; 3) an understanding of supply/demand principles and their impact on business requirements.
- The intern can be a college student actively pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Statistics, or Human Resources.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word).
- A desire to learn & continuously improve.
- The ability to demonstrate follow-through on projects.
- A strong work ethic.
- Well-organized and self-motivated.
- Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- The ability to effectively communicate findings to stakeholders.
- Strong team player motivated to participate in and/or take the lead on projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Acclimate to our culture of intelligence, industry, and integrity.