Assistant Lead - Shipping Department
109 Bamberg Drive, Pell City, Alabama 35125
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's third most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
As assistant lead supports the Plant Shipping and Receiving Lead in the leadership and management of the staff. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to: calling in common carrier or private fleet trucks, generation of shipping documents, management of warehouse finished goods inventory, specific to inventory controls and accuracy, as well as the overall packaged quality and integrity within the warehouse through the trans-shipment to all distribution centers. Need to possess the knowledge to manage the Management System, or SAP, to ensure that all processes are followed.
- Follows and administrates all safety, environmental and regulatory guidelines and rules; uses required safety equipment. Oversees quality and cleanliness of the work areas based on warehouse checklist and equipment.
- Manages the SAP shift checklist daily to ensure that all orders for any given day are complete and shipped.
- Ensures compliance with all local, state and federal DOT regulations.
- Support and embrace a culture of Lean/Continuous Improvement.
- Manages all functions of the shipping and receiving department and finished goods warehouse, including load staging, truck loading, finished goods storage, generation of shipping documents, etc.
- Schedules private fleet and common carrier trucks.
- Responsible for management, maintenance and control of electronic scanning systems. Ensures that all equipment is accounted daily. Review and resolve shipping errors and develop strategies to minimize them.
- Responsible for expedited shipping of customer special tints.
- Manages personnel issues, such as job assignment, scheduling of vacations, attendance, monitoring performance goals for all personnel and providing input for corrective actions.
- Prepares daily, quarterly, annual, and long-range performance reports.
- Daily evaluation of dynamic paint delivery schedule.
- Efficient use of delivery equipment for on and off day deliveries.
- Generate driver dispatch, pick up, assignments and available reports through the SAP.
- Helping with office duties, writing manifest, load sheets and filing of orders.
- Routing responsibilities (filing of order memos- routing trucks for delivery- dispatch of drivers, assigning drivers, tractors and trailers to loads.
- An Associate's degree is preferred.
- A demonstrated ability in managerial and leadership skills, as well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Working in a team-based environment is essential.
- Requires demonstrated computer skills, a working knowledge of the (SAP) as well as an aptitude to keep current with new electronic information systems
- Ability to relay prompt and accurate information to customers and BDRs
- Ability to lift 70 pounds frequently
- Strong working knowledge of Word, Excel, SAP
- Good telephone etiquette
- Attention to detail, ability to work under pressure, strong organizational skills and flexibility are required.