134 Lister Avenue, Newark, New Jersey 07105
Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's third most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
Drives and coordinates daily activities of production process through the manufacturing and process leads on all shifts. Removes production constraints, allocates human and equipment resources, and directs production employees to attain all production goals. Actively participates in root cause and corrective action implementation to remove production constraints and continuously improve product quality.
- Ensures all environmental, health, and safety guidelines within the facility.
- Direct production operations for our Newark paint plant.
- Provide technical support and advice to personnel.
- Regular evaluation of personnel work performance.
- Counsel and discipline personnel as needed.
- Ensure that personnel receive adequate training to perform essential job functions.
- Troubleshooting of plant operational problems.
- Control labor costs through proper deployment of personnel, planning, scheduling, and prioritizing of work assignments. Maximize efficiency of labor hours.
- Control supply costs through proper inventory control of production tools and equipment.
- Maintain high standards of performance for personnel as it relates to safety, quality, cost, and throughput.
- Communicate with maintenance, scheduling, and lab personnel to meet daily production objectives.
- Communicate status of operations regularly with Plant Manager, with emphasis on safety performance, quality assurance, personnel issues, and customer satisfaction.
- Initiates and maintains improvement efforts in all areas of plant operations. This may include SPC, key performance indicators, six-sigma efforts, and behavioral safety programs.
- Advise and influence business and plant management of potential applications of new advances in modification to existing plant facilities, design of new production facilities, and modifications to systems and procedures.
- Prepare process specifications and document required Standard Operating Procedures and Standard Work Instructions
- Assist product development by applying process knowledge to evaluate new products and equipment requirements
- Actively participates in root cause and corrective action implementation to remove production constraints and continuously improve pro
- Removes waste and constraints from the production processes to improve efficiencies and enhance productivity.
- Actively participates in the Plant Quality Team, led by the Quality Manager, to investigate root causes and implement corrective actions for all production batch recalls, correction batches, batches requiring additional straining, batches that are toted for recycling or disposal, and batches that pose an atypical manufacturing constraint.
- Coordinates production equipment modifications and adjustments with the Engineers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Interface with production, warehouse, and laboratory employees to ensure that product is made according to plan and meets required quality parameters.
- Work closely with Plant Manager to optimize efficiency of work assignments.
- Participate in functional teams as required. Teams may be comprised of both on-site and off-site individuals.
Level of Autonomy:
- Work is assigned within broadly defined procedures. Production Manager will consult with supervisor when there is a major deviation from established practice or when significant opportunity arises that needs immediate attention.
- Will be expected to operate without direct supervision.
- Complete understanding and adherence to safety, health, and environmental rules and regulations.
- BS degree in Chemical/Mechanical Engineering or closely related technical field required
- Minimum 5 years of supervision in a chemical batch manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of paint and coatings technology in an industrial setting a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Demonstrated Lean/Continuous Improvement experience required
- Strong technical and computer literacy skills required.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, and leadership skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage a diverse group of people and to motivate to staff to work together as one team.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with employees to facilitate conflict resolution.
- Solid knowledge of federal and state environmental, safety, and industrial hygiene laws and regulations.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Some domestic travel involved.