101 Paragon Drive, Montvale, New Jersey 07645
Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's third most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
The Senior DBA is responsible for the performance, security and data integrity of the Application databases assigned. The Senior DBA will provide critical technical administration of the database and support for many systems in the enterprise landscape. Key coordination with subject matter experts and business owners to deliver and maintain various key systems that support the company's legacy ERP Platform under a 24x7 operation model along with other assigned systems. This role will be accountable for the coordinating installation, maintenance, integration, configuration, release management, Level 2/3 application support, and issues management for the assigned systems as it relates to the database.
- Works with the Application and Technical Manager to formulate and execute the support plan for each system.
- Provide daily heath checks of systems to ensure optimal operations and business continuity.
- Provide system support when issues occur for assigned systems
- Work directly with the IT ERP team and SAP Basis team to help maintain various systems integrated with SAP landscape.
- Cross train to provide backup support to the SAP Basis team when required.
- Responsible for maintenance activities such as database patch planning, release schedules, break-fix activities, transport of fixes/enhancements from development to production systems.
- Hands-on Database support for Application databases to include: DB2, Oracle, MS-SQL, SAP Hana and/or Sybase systems. Application level support and monitoring of these databases systems.
- Assist Benjamin Moore business and functional leads with day to day development, support, and troubleshooting when necessary.
- Identification and recommendation of opportunities for operational improvements.
- 6 to 8 years of hands-on Technical DBA for Enterprise systems database including experience in analysis, technical design, integration, security, and networking.
- Broad Experience across multiple database and middleware platforms such as DB2, Oracle, MS-SQL, Sybase, Java, Scripting for support automation. SAP Hana would be a Plus but not required.
- 5+ year hands-on experience working in AIX, as/400 and Linux Operating systems.
- Must be a team player, roll-up the sleeves and work with internal and external resources.
- Must be a can-do individual with presenting solutions to problems for review and approval.
- Focus on relationship building, ability to work with off-shore partners, IT Infrastructure peers across the organization.
- Should be comfortable working in a rapidly transforming organization.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments and familiarity with application platforms and systems