Rock Springs, Wyoming
Requisition Primary Location
We have an immediate position open for a full-time Lead Diesel Mechanic to work on our fleet of garbage trucks and oversee two other mechanics at Wyoming Waste in Rock Springs, WY. This is a Monday-Friday day shift. Class B or the ability to obtain one within 120 days is preferred. Must have own tools. Competitive pay, family benefits, 401k, vacation.Please apply online at www.wasteconnections.com.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services. Performs inspections, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Performs maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks.
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future". For more information please visit www.wasteconnections.com. Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)
- 1+ year experience in heavy truck equipment maintenance and repair; or completion of accredited vocational technical school program.
- Management experience preferred.
- CDL preferred.
- Provide personal tools.
- Proficiency in vehicle and equipment diagnosis and repair.
- Ability to read and comprehend service and technical information.
Class B Commercial Drivers License with Air Brakes Endorsement - Department of Transportation