Mammoth Lakes, California
Requisition Primary Location
We have an immediate opening for CDL Class A or B drivers to support local routes at our Mammoth Lakes, CA site. For candidates living in the Bishop area there is a car pool option. Drivers interested in secure, steady employment in a family atmosphere are encouraged to apply. Rate of Pay will be $18.00-$20.00 DOE. Hours are Monday-Friday 6:30am-3Pm
- Performs complete pre-trip inspection including, but not limited to, checking tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges and controls.
- Drives heavy diesel truck to and from customer locations and disposal area(s).
- Moves waste bin to position accessible by truck and closes all enclosure gates, as necessary.
- Operates hydraulic hand controls to lift/load refuse, operate compactor and dispose of collected material at the designated facility.
- Cleans waste from the packer blade and truck body on each landfill or transfer station run.
- Courteous interaction with customers, dispatchers and supervisors.
- Cleans up the area around accidental waste spills.
- Reads route sheets to determine day's schedule and services each customer as identified on the route sheet or as assigned by dispatcher or supervisor.
- Completes required route/productivity sheets, Vehicle Condition Reports (VCRs) and other forms.
- Performs all driver check-in procedures upon returning to the facility at the end of the day.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Ideal candidate will possess:
- Valid Class B CDL with air brakes endorsement
- As verified by a current MVR/driver abstract, must meet all qualifications as defined under DOT regulation 49 CFR 383.51
- Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D. certification
- Two years commercial truck driving experience.
- Have knowledge of truck components in order to complete pre-and post-trip inspections
- Possess a clean safety and driving record
- Be able to learn and use interpersonal skills relating to good customer service
- Be able to lift 50 pounds
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future"
High School (Required)
Class B Commercial Drivers License with Air Brakes Endorsement - Department of Transportation