Transfer Station Spotter
Mammoth Lakes, California
Requisition Primary Location
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE:WCN) - We are a publicly traded, nationwide integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services. Waste Connections currently serves over 2.5 million residential and commercial customers in 41 states and 6 Canadian Provinces. We offer excellent benefits packages to all full time employees and opportunities for skill development and advancement within the company.
Why you need to join us!
- CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed employees are given the opportunity to provide input and value to making every day a success. We believe in working hard and playing harder.
- INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
- STABLE, GROWING COMPANY: Waste Connections is growing and we need dedicated employees interested in long term career growth opportunities.
Waste Connections is looking for a Transfer Station Spotter to join our team at our team! This is a full time, long term position with a reputable company.
- Complete Daily activity log.
- Welcome each customer as they enter the facility.
- Estimates yards, assesses type of debris to be disposed of.
- Charge and collect fees for debris and directs customer where to properly dispose material or recycle.
- Record receipts and balances daily bank.
- Proper reporting to be completed based on CA and Mono county regulations and procedures.
- Complete 1 visual and 1 physical inspection per person per month.
- Run compactor as needed to operate and to clear hopper.
- Communicate with staff to schedule removal of debris and recycling from facility.
- Perform Litter cleanup each shift and/or as needed.
- Rotate 1 hr period between shifts to clean up outside the transfer.
- Locations to clean: Bike path, around the fence, through the tunnel, Commerce Dr and Meridian Blvd.
- Assist in recycling processing.
- Assist in covering open shift as needed.
- At least 2 years of work experience. Preferably in a labor type position.
- The ability to continually lift up to 75lbs repeatedly throughout an 8 hr shift.
- Experience operating equipment is a plus
- Ability to work in all weather conditions throughout entire shift
- Mechanical ability a plus.
- Being bi-lingual is a major plus
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future". Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)
High School (Required)