Sodexo is seeking an experienced Catering Manager II to oversee catering service operations on the campus of Ohio Dominican University in Columbus, Ohio.
Ohio Dominican University is a private four-year liberal arts institution, founded in 1911 in the Catholic and Dominican traditions.
The Catering Manager II will be responsible for all catering services for internal and external clients, and all internal and external events.
Reporting to the Food Services Operations Manager II, the Catering Manager II will be responsible for client contact, event dining planning, pricing and negotiation, and coordination and implementation of catered dining arrangements.
Position includes responsiblity for catering revenue growth, exceptional customer service, and exceeding customer and client expectations in the area of catering services.
Oversight of catering activities for a small to mid-size location/unit with $500k-$1M in managed catering volume. Medium complexity with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference service events. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards