Gainesville VA - Retail
Become a part of the World's Foremost Outfitter team! At Cabela's we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live...Dream... Work the Adventure ! Cabela’s has an opening for a Power Sports Sales Manager at our Gainesville, VA retail store.
Manage the Power Sports Sales and Service Departments located inside the Cabela's Retail Stores. Maintain high levels of customer service, manage departments sales objectives of as much as $3.5 million, manage both sales and service personnel, protect the brand within the industry and manage profitability.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct Cabela's specific training and schedule on-sight vendor training to ensure sales associates and service technicians have the correct product knowledge and skills to meet customer expectations.
- Partner with Corporate Merchandising team to establish threshold pricing based on the market sales volume allowing for maintaining inventory turns and to ensure a competitive market. Provide direction to sales associates to achieve sales goals and execute promotional sales activities. Keep sales staff informed of rebates and special pricing events. Approve sales quotes to ensure gross margin objectives are achieved.
- Provide a complete daily update of the Power Sports inventory on the Cabela's website. Ensure that all customers are properly assisted in sales process. Distribute and log all retail and internet lead requests on the Customer Relations Management System, allowing all sales staff to monitor to ensure that the requests are followed up on in a timely manner. Retail Power Sports Departments through the Customer Satisfaction Index Survey will provide data on our existing customer base to create a customer for life.
- To ensure specific duties including scheduling, parts inventory and assigning all rigging and warrantee service work orders are completed. Maintain and strive to increase employee productivity. Deliver outstanding customer service by ensuring work orders are completed to the customers’ satisfaction on a timely basis.
- Present a clean and properly signed and merchandised Power Sports area inside and out of the Cabela's Retail Stores.
- Create organized schedules to complete product delivery to our customers. Perform walk around with customer to ensure Power Sport is properly outfitted to the customers needs. Pre-Delivery inspection forms must be completed by sales associates. Introduce customer to service staff and provide a thank you letter to ensure great customer service.
- Source, interview, hire, train and create a positive work environment in order to retain staff.
- Utilize the 387 screens, Warehouse Management reports and Excel driven spreadsheets to manage inventory levels. Sales commission and performance tracking is maintained on a weekly basis to track commission dollars for our Payroll Department.
- Associate’s Degree
- 4 to 6+ Years’ Exerience
- Experience in managing high volume boat sales and service dealership is preferred. Sales training and service industry knowledge. Experience and/or Associates degree.
- Must be able to read documents, printouts, reports, computer screens and other written communication.
- Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with customers and co-workers.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk to fill orders, assist customers on the sales floor, etc.
- Must be able to stock product at various racking levels, use step-stool or ladder, etc.
- Must be able to place product on/off conveyor, trucks, shelving, etc.
- Must be able to write, type and use phone system.
Cabela's offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including, generous product discounts, 401K savings plan, and Health and Dental coverage for you and your family.
Cabela’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives. Cabela’s shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
Applying for a posted position does not guarantee an interview. The Internal Transfer Policy applies.