Become a part of the World's Foremost Outfitter team! At Cabela's we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live...Dream... Work the Adventure ! Cabela’s has an opening for a
Full-Time Positions title in the Omni Fulfillment Department at our Columbus, Ohio retail store.
The Omni Fulfillment Outfitter will be responsible for filling Omni orders, sorting, packing, and loading merchandise for shipment to direct customers and retail stores as needed. Ensures merchandise is handled to maintain quality and appearance for customers.
Essential Job Functions:
· Performs multiple functions within the back room of the retail store such as receiving merchandise, inspecting merchandise, filling orders, sorting and packing merchandise in appropriate box size for shipment to customers as needed. In fulfillment of these duties may spend majority of time in one of the following areas, but has knowledge and experience to move among multiple area functions as needed.
· Sorting and Packing - Sort merchandise into order groupings and/or pack merchandise using proper containers, cartons, or packaging for shipment. Apply designated labels. Visually inspect product for quality and presentation to customer.
· Order filling - Fill retail and/or direct customer orders by inspecting merchandise and matching merchandise to order. Pull merchandise from designated stock locations and place in proper containers.
· Material Handling - With proper training and licensing, may move merchandise among warehouse locations using authorized material handling equipment (i.e. stock pickers, lift trucks, etc.) or manually load and/or unload trailers
· Inventory - Perform physical inventory on any given items to ensure accuracy of shelf and alternate quantities. May adjust on-hand inventory quantities and computer report quantities to reconcile amounts.
· Maintains housekeeping and cleanliness and follows procedures for a safe work environment. Attends all mandatory training and in-services including by not limited to: new employee orientation, safety, or job skills training.
· Assist customers in finding merchandise and making buying decisions when working on the Sales floor during store open hours.
· Other Duties as Assigned by Management.
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· 0 to 2+ Years’ Experience
· Machinery operator’s license is required for some functions (required)
· Knowledge generally gained through on the job training of company products, policies, and procedures. Knowledge of warehouse layout and merchandise locations. Knowledge of packing procedures. Knowledge of stocking practices and procedures. Skill in operating various warehouse equipment. Ability to pay close attention to detail. Ability to compare information from two sources and confirm match or identify discrepancies. Ability to communicate with co-workers in a courteous and professional manner. Ability to effectively function as a team player.
Cabela’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.
Cabela’s shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
Cabela's offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, health and dental coverage for you and your family, and employee discounts.