- Support new and existing customers for the Rockwell Automation Independent Moving Cart Technology including iTRAK and MagneMotion. Assist the sales team with pre-sales technical activities.
- Pre-sales support includes proof of concepts, system architecture review and recommendations, customer visits, and the creation of application notes and white papers.
- The Application Engineer is knowledgeable in assigned groups of products/technologies and their use.
- Experience with RA Motion Control products and architectures is a plus.
- Works on issues of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of relevant factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Developing professional expertise.
Applies company policies and procedures to resolve variety of issues.
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
- Requires a minimum of 1+ years of demonstrated experience in an industrial technical field.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent combination of skills and education. BSEE or BSME preferred. Master's degree a plus.
- Capable of using of personal computers and the appropriate applications, including but not limited to Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project and OneNote.
- Solidworks or AutoCad experience is a plus.
- Solid business writing skills. Able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize accordingly.
- Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally 40-50% of the time.
- Fluent in English
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Experience with design tools including: Pro Engineer or equivalent CAD System, Matlab, Microsoft Office.
- Ability to solve complex system problems
- Engineering Master's degree a plus.
- Good presentation and communication skills with internal & external customers.
- Working knowledge of Rockwell Automation core products (i.e. PLCs, PACs, Motion Control, Drives, Operator Interface, Networking, and I/O) and PLC/PAC programming languages.
Architecture and Software
Sales, Services, and Solutions
No. of Positions:
Devens - Massachusetts
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.