For over 40 years customers have looked to Rockwell Automation electric drives to solve motor control problems in tough applications from roller coasters to rock crushers and everything in between. Due to business growth, Rockwell is adding to this already strong team of computer scientists and software engineers.
We are looking for team members with diverse technical backgrounds who love to solve problems and can leverage their personal experience to grow our teams. If outstanding technical opportunities, being part of, and learning from, one of the most experienced teams in the industry interest you, you should consider Rockwell Automation.
You will develop, test, and troubleshoot firmware modules or subsystems in real-time embedded applications for industrial motor control products. These systems will be developed in accordance with sound engineering practices and processes while collaborating with team members across the globe. A successful candidate will possess a working knowledge of constructing, testing, and debugging embedded applications in a real-time context.
The Firmware Engineer position requires a detailed understanding of embedded control system electronics and hardware interfacing. The Firmware Engineer will be a part of a team responsible for developing, documenting, and testing firmware algorithms to manage and interact with hardware.
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
- Minimum BS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or technical discipline
- 2+ years of embedded, real-time Firmware development using C++ while employing Object Oriented Design principles or equivalent
- Experience with real-time analog and digital data acquisition and control
- Experience with writing and executing Firmware test specifications
- Proven ability to analyze and solve complex problems
- Experience working in a diverse environment of software development frameworks, including Agile, SAFe, Kanban, and waterfall
- Familiarity with embedded Firmware development tools, including debugging, Stepping through code, and performing traces
- Familiarity with Real Time Operating Systems
- Willingness to work in a collaborative team environment
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- PhD or Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or technical discipline
- Experience with industrial control systems
- Experience with power electronics applications, including low voltage inverters, UPS systems, or similar technologies
Control Products and Solutions
Engineering and Technicians
No. of Positions:
Mequon - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.