Sodexo University Dining is seeking an experienced Catering Manager 3 for at Moravian College, located in Bethlehem, PA.
The Catering Manager 3 has responsibility for annual catering volume of $700K and work closely with clients to create and execute exceptional events!
We are seeking candidates with a wide range of catering knowledge that includes small to large function and casual to high-end events for the University President, Board of Trustees and other university guests. Our catering program is high-touch, high-expectations for all levels of catering services. The Catering Manager will be involved in all aspects of catering from end to end (event booking, menu guidance/recommendations, sales, logistics, staffing and execution).
The best qualified candidate will have the following:
- Hands on College/University or hotel catering and catering management experience
- Experience with both casual and fine dining banquet management
- Experience with catering systems such as Catertrax
- Experience training and leading a catering staff
- Experience with catering set up and execution
- Experience coordinating and executing multiple events daily
- Experience with labor controls
- Excellent customer and client relations skills
Oversight of catering activities for a medium to large size location/unit with less than $1.5M in managed catering volume. Complex events with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering solutions. Large amount of high profile events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference services. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards