**Relocation assistance is available with this opportunity!**
Are you a culinary artist who uses food as your medium? Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 2 at Georgia Institute of Technology located in the heart of downtown Atlanta, Georgia.
The position drives culinary excellence for Georgia Tech’s Catering department, that services campus catering, including Presidential catering, Athletic catering, and retail food court, handling approximately 50 events weekly.
The Executive Chef 2 position reports directly to the Campus Executive Chef and will typically work Monday through Friday but this may vary depending as needed to support evening/weekend catering events including Saturday football games (including the Presidential suite in the stadium) and VIP weekend events. This position is directly responsible for approximately $4 million in annual catering revenue with aggressive 30% growth target. This chef works closely with the Catering Manager and the Retail Manager and the position is supported by 14 Sodexo-paid, frontline (hourly) staff members who possess multiple levels of culinary experience and skill.
The Executive Chef needs to be extremely creative and be able to provide exceptional culinary creations that will “WOW” the clients. This is a working chef position and requires excellent customer service and client relation skills.
The ideal candidate:
- has high volume culinary production experience in Campus/University, Hotel, or Banquet setting
- is committed to providing the highest level of culinary services.
- is a leader and focuses on team building, training, and mentoring of staff
- focuses on food quality, safety, presentation, creativity, cleanliness, and facility maintenance.
- is technically competent in unit financial management with proven experience ordering, maintaining food and labor cost, and controlling inventory.
- takes responsibility for training and development of hourly culinary employees.
- possesses a strong understanding of food safety and HACCP standards and ability to drive employee accountability for sanitation standards.
- demonstrates culinary creativity and is experienced creating menu’s that incorporate promotions and interactive student presentations.
- is an organized professional with effective leadership, communication, time management, interpersonal skills.
- experience with procuring and using local ingredients
- preferably possesses a culinary degree and a CEC Certification through the American Culinary Federation
Come join Sodexo Education, the leading campus dining provider, serving more than 600 higher education campuses throughout the country!
Sodexo - A world leader in Food and Facilities Management Services
Connect, Search and Apply all on the go with the Sodexo Jobs App! Available for mobile devices
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.