Sodexo, leader in quality of daily life solutions has a great opportunity for an Executive Chef at Lake Pointe Medical Center. This Hospital is a part of the Tenet Hospitals and this unit currently has a $300-$400k in retail sales, with room for growth. The average daily eating census is about 74. This 112 Bed hospital is in a lovely little town just east of Dallas.
We have a room to grow retail operation that has a $250k average annual revenue. One Cafe location and one We Proudly Brew location. This position will oversee caterings as well, with an average of 4-5 caterings per week. Drs. Dining lounge has a hot breakfast and cold lunch menu offering. This account will be going under a complete kitchen and cafe renovation and will grow the account up to 228 beds.
Reporting to our General manager, you will lead the culinary team and will plan, organize and manage the daily food production in the hospital. Our Executive Chef will be responsible for managing the culinary operations for all food outlets including patient dining, café and catering services. This Chef will also be responsible for other Tenet hospitals in the area, ensuring consistency and quality across the system.
- Managing the daily food production including production planning and controls
- Ensuring Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality
- Labor and food cost controls and compliance
- Menu development and inventory management
- Food cost management
- Sodexo Systems Management is a key function in this role
Ideal candidate will have:
- Strong culinary background.
- Experience in specialized diets.
- Menu planning experience.
- Experience supervising a team, strong human resources, employee training/development
- Ability to multitask and take on additional responsibilities.
- Strong understanding of food forecasting, purchasing, inventory, and labor management.
- Strong financial acumen
- Proficient computer skills, exceptional organization, and customer service skills.
- Strong knowledge of HACCP
- Experience with health and safety audits and regulatory inspections
- ServSafe certified
Qualifications for our Executive Chef include prior culinary management experience in a high volume healthcare environment, strong food production planning management and food cost management experience, computer literacy, full HACCP knowledge and ServSafe certification. Sound like the opportunity you've been waiting for. We look forward to hearing from you.
Provides culinary leadership within a large sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.