- Customer Service with the ability to manage large amounts of cash transactions.
- Ability to work in fast pace and high traffic environment.
- Builds rapport with existing and potential customer base to encourage customers use Barri products and loan services.
- Advises customers about money exchange rates and fees, loan product benefits, and refers customers to loan sales associate while gathering key information to find solutions for BFG customers.
- Solicits new or current customers / cross selling, inbound, outbound calling and marketing drives.
- Assist in prospecting within a Loan or Market store location.
- Performs collection activities as needed.
- Works with highly confidential information such as customer financial records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Cashier experience and basic computer literacy with a focus on customer service and money services such as banking or money remittance services.
- Working knowledge of customer service concepts and practices.
- Filing and document management in an administrative support roll.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for constant interaction with prospective customers via in person approach, or by telephone.
- Ability to analyze customer needs and make recommendations for appropriate loan products.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of customer information.
- Must speak, read and write Spanish fluently.
Overtime Eligibility: Eligible (Nonexempt).
- Open sales floor or a supermarket customer service booth.
- Ability to sit and use telephone/personal computer for extended periods of time.
- Non-standard work hours as needed to support retail sales and service hours of operation and volume.
- Various rotating schedules between 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM Monday - Sunday.
The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Due to the fiduciary accountabilities within this job, a valid credit check, social security verification and criminal background check will be required as part of the selection process.