Fort Oglethorpe GA - Retail
Become a part of the World's Foremost Outfitter team! At Cabela's we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live...Dream... Work the Adventure!
Cabela’s has an opening for Retail Deli Outfitter at our Ft. Oglethorpe GA location.
Provide legendary customer service experience to for every customer by safely handling food and adhere to state, federal and company food service regulations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Takes and prepares customer orders by making sandwiches, cooking, etc. Restocking food items and cleaning work area as needed. Responsible for assuring that food production is prepared correctly, weighted, and quality is to industry and company standard.
- Preps food/banquet food by slicing meat and preparing salads to ensure efficient Deli operation. Restocking coolers and dry storage and cleaning work area.
- Deli/Banquet up-keep and maintenance to include, but not limited to restocking, remerchandising, dusting, scrubbing, polishing counters, tables, and other kitchen equipment to ensure cleanliness and deli visual presentation standards are met.
- Setting up and serving banquets, birthday parties and special events.
- Respond and handle customer issues by using good judgment and logic in solving problems and making decisions within the job scope.
- OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED BY MANAGEMENT
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 0 to 2+ Years’ Experience
- Hiring preference is given to those with solid sales experience and at least one year of related field experience.
- Skilled in operating various kitchen equipment and appliances .
- Must be able to read documents, printouts, reports, computer screens and other written communication.
- Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with customers and co-workers.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk to fill orders, assist customers on the sales floor, etc.
- Must be able to stock product at various racking levels, use step-stool or ladder, etc.
- Must be able to place product on/off shelving.
- Must be able to write, type and use phone system.
- Hiring preference is given to those with solid sales knowledge and at least six months to one year of experience in the food service industry.
Cabela's offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including, generous product discounts, 401K savings plan, and Health and Dental coverage for you and your family.
Cabela’s shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
Cabela’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive workplace that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.
Applying for a posted position does not guarantee an interview. The Internal Transfer Policy applies.
See Job Description