Responsible for performing system hardware design engineering for industrial automation control projects based on drives, motor control centers, programmable controllers, operator/field devices, instrumentation, etc. Responsible for the design, implementation, and test of control, drives and automation systems working in a project team environment. Designs, defines and implements complex system requirements for customers and/or prepares studies and analyzes existing systems. Determines system specifications and coordinates design of subsystems and integration of total system. This includes system design, system engineering, hardware engineering, programming and factory testing. Identifies, analyzes and resolves program support deficiencies. Develops and recommends corrective actions.
- Analyzes customer's requirements to determine the optimal control system solution and determines applicable industrial control configuration/architecture
- Provides updates to project manager/leader pertaining to status of activities, performance to schedule and performance to budget
- Performs conceptual industrial drive and motor control systems design and determination of control system strategy.
- Plan, schedule, coordinate and monitor resources for projects including setting and managing time-lines and budgets.
- Provide verbal and written reports to communicate project status as required and contribute to project review meetings.
- Visit internal/external panel manufacturing facilities to assess progress, provide technical assistance, final inspection and sign off.
- Client liaison and interface with management
- Development and maintenance of customer relationship
- Team player with the ability to integrate with other project team members
- Participate in technical execution of projects with a combined value of up to $500k with multiple projects simultaneously.
- Responsible for meeting project schedule, engineering hour budgets, and customer satisfaction targets for own activities in support of the project team.
- Review project hardware/software for compliance with applicable codes/standards and assure personnel/machinery safety practices are fully implemented
- Coordinate customer requirements with engineering and other appropriate departments to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction is achieved
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
- Bachelor degree in Engineering discipline or related technical discipline OR Associate's/2 year degree in Engineering or related technical discipline and 5 years related experience.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in control systems engineering which relates to variable speed drives and industrial automation systems.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in electrical design, including schematics and panel layout; programming drives, PLC's and HMI's.
- Ability to design utilizing ACAD electrical.
- Must be available and willing to work overtime on occasion to meet customer project commitments.
- Occasional travel and work at customer sites, including industrial plants, ships, etc., which may require climbing, working in confined spaces and other unusual work environments.
- Experience of control system applications throughout the project lifecycle from initial design concepts through installation and subsequent client support
- Knowledge of Allen-Bradley Powerflex drives, and PLC's. Knowledge of codes and standards applicable to industrial control systems including the NEC, NFPA79, UL508A, and UL698.
Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
Control Products and Solutions
Engineering and Technicians
No. of Positions:
Houston - Texas
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.