All U.S. Citizens. This position is also being advertised under vacancy announcement RV-18-MP-2023169 for current and former federal employees with competitive status, reinstatement eligibles, Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) eligibles, veterans (VEOA, VRA and 30% disabled), and special non-competitive appointment eligibles (e.g., persons with disabilities, certain military spouses, Peace Corps and Vista volunteers, etc.).
Pay will be set within the advertised pay range to align with the selectee's skills and experience and the requirements of the position. Invest in your nation's future, make a difference in your community...gain from the experience. At the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) you're not just a number, working to make quotas or improve the bottom line, you have the opportunity to make a difference. NCUA is the federal agency that charters and supervises federal credit unions and insures savings in federal and most state-chartered credit unions across the country through the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF), a federal fund backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government. To learn more about NCUA's
history, structure, and diversity please click on the following links: NCUA Structure NCUA Diversity NCUA History
This position is located in Region V, Division of Management Services (DMS). DMS provides support to the programs and operation of the regional office in areas such as budget, procurement, and HR services. The incumbent of this position provides clerical, administrative and program support to the Director of DMS and other staff members.
Note: More than the number of positions listed may be filled through this vacancy announcement. Learn more about this agency Responsibilities
The incumbent will be responsible for the following office management and administrative duties:
- Uses payroll software to input data needed to produce biweekly payroll.
- Serves as the primary time keeper for a large organization, maintains records of time and attendance, and reconciles time and attendance reports and corrects discrepancies.
- Receives incoming calls and directs to staff members.
- Produces documents requiring the use of advanced software functions.
- Prepares correspondence, reports and other documents in final format using correct punctuation, capitalization, spelling, grammar and style.
- Performs mail and file functions such as processing incoming and outgoing materials. Determines records retention and disposal requirements.
- Develops and maintains electronic record keeping and tracking logs for calendars, correspondence, projects, etc.
- Researches vendors for best combination of price, quality, and delivery. Notifies employees and supervisors of training attendance dates and handle any cancellations or rescheduling of training. Serves as backup to Management Assistant in the office.
Not required Supervisory status
No Promotion Potential
06 Who May Apply
This job is open to... U.S. Citizens
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- Job family (Series)
0303 Miscellaneous Clerk And Assistant Similar jobs
- Assistants, Office
- Office Assistants
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Suitable adjudication of background/Security Investigation is required.
- A probationary period may be required.
You must meet the qualifications for this position by the closing date of this announcement. Qualifications
To qualify at the CU-05 level:
A. EXPERIENCE. You must have one full year of specialized experience equivalent to the CU/GS-04 level in federal service (obtained in either the public or private sectors). Specialized experience is experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. In your resume, the experience must demonstrate: (1) receiving visitors or phone callers as appropriate; (2) responding to routine requests; (3) managing an appointment calendar; (4) preparing written material; and (5) utilizing office automation equipment/computer software to complete assigned tasks.
B. EDUCATION. You have completed four (4) years of education above the high school level. This education must have been obtained in an accredited business, secretarial or technical school, junior college, college or university. One year of full-time academic study is defined as 30 semester hours, 45 quarter hours, or the equivalent in a college or university, or at least 20 hours of classroom instruction per week for approximately 36 weeks in a business, secretarial, or technical school.
C. COMBINATION. You have a combination of experience as described in "A" above and education as described in "B" above. Only education in excess of the first 60 semester hours (i.e., beyond the second year) is creditable toward meeting the specialized experience requirement. One full academic year of study (30 semester hours) beyond the second year is equivalent to 6 months of specialized experience. Education
To qualify at the CU-06 level:
EXPERIENCE. You must have one full year of specialized experience equivalent to the CU/GS-05 level in federal service (obtained in either the public or private sectors). Specialized experience is experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. In your resume, the experience must demonstrate: (1) serving as a timekeeper using an automated system; (2) making travel arrangements to include flights and lodging; (3) updating spreadsheets and databases, and (4) preparing correspondence, reports and other documents in final format.
If you are selected for this position at the CU-05, you may be non-competitively promoted to the next level through CU-06 level provided that you have fulfilled the necessary qualification requirements including any applicable certification processes. Promotion is not automatic and is conditional on demonstrated ability to perform the higher grade level duties, a current written performance appraisal rating of "fully successful" or better, fulfillment of the necessary qualification requirements, and sufficient work at the higher grade level position.
SALARY : Pay will be set using NCUA's Compensation policy. The salary range shown is NCUA's Local Pay Rate (LPR) which includes a locality rate of 25.73 percent for the Tempe, AZ geographical area.
SELECTIVE SERVICE: If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law. You may register or check status of your registration by visiting the Selective Service website at: http://www.sss.gov/ .
This position is/in the bargaining unit.
NCUA IS A COMPETITIVE SERVICE AGENCY. Read more How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package will be reviewed for completeness (resume, completed assessment questionnaire, and supporting documentation). You will not be considered if you fail to submit all the required documents as outlined in this vacancy announcement. If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of three categories:
Best Qualified Applicants possessing experience that substantially exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position.
Well Qualified - Applicants possessing experience that exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position.
Qualified - Applicants possessing experience that meets the minimum qualifications of the position.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation, format and appropriate correspondence and other administrative procedures.
- Ability to gather, analyze and evaluate information in order to analyze facts, draw conclusions and make decisions.
- Ability to use software applications and personal computers to prepare documents, reports, charts, graphics, etc.
Application of Veterans' Preference: The Category Rating process does not add veterans' preference points but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. Preference eligibles who meet the minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category (except in the case of scientific or professional positions at the CU-09 level or higher.) Read more Background checks and security clearance
Public Trust - Background Investigation
- Required Documents
Help Required Documents
1. VETERANS' PREFERENCE DOCUMENTS (if claiming veteran's preference):
- For 5-Point Preference: DD 214 (Member 4 Copy preferred, however documentation provided must contain dates and character of service) or if you are currently active duty: an official statement of service from your command.
- For 10-Point Preference: DD-214 (Member 4 Copy preferred, however documentation provided must contain dates and character of service), VA letter and SF-15 for 10-Point preference.
2. ICTAP/CTAP: Federal employees seeking CTAP/ICTAP eligibility must submit proof of their eligibility:
- Copy of agency notice;
- Most recent performance rating; and
- SF-50 noting current position, grade level and duty location. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated well-qualified or above on the rating criteria for this position. For additional information, click CTAP .
PLEASE NOTE: You have three options for submitting your documentation: (1) you can upload documents from your USAJOBS account; (2) upload documents from your personal computer; (3) or fax documents. Please follow the system prompts to submit your documents. Not all documents will apply to you and you only need to submit those that are applicable to your situation. If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
- Benefits for federal employees
- Healthcare insurance
- Pay and leave
In addition to the standard benefits offered by Federal agencies, NCUA offers additional benefits to its employees. These benefits, some at minimal cost, are some of the best and most competitive in both the private and public sectors. More information can be found by clicking here .
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
Help How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the occupational questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
YOUR APPLICATION AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS ( i.e. TRANSCRIPTS, CERTIFICATIONS, etc.) MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59:59 P.M. EST ON Friday, November 24, 2017 TO RECEIVE CONSIDERATION.
To begin, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire.
- Click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application package.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation are submitted prior to the closing date.
- To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login , select the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position.The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
YOUR RESUME MUST provide specific details as to how your experience meets the specialized experience as described in the vacancy announcement. Please ensure that your resume includes the month and year that you began and ended for each position held or that position will not be credited toward meeting the specialized experience requirement. Full-time employment will be assumed unless otherwise stated on your resume. Part-time employment will be prorated in crediting experience. Failure to provide details will result in an ineligible rating.
YOUR RESUME MUST support your responses to the online questionnaire. Failure to provide support may result in a lower rating and/or you may be excluded from consideration.Your latest resume submitted for this vacancy announcement will be used to determine qualifications and supersedes previous submissions.
You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents:
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.
If you completed the occupational questionnaire online and are unable to upload supporting document(s):
- To fax your documents, you must use the following cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf and provide the required information. The Vacancy ID is 2023259.
- Fax your documents to 1-(see application details).
If you cannot complete the Application Package online, you may fax all of your materials. The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Friday, November 24, 2017 to receive consideration. Keep a copy of your fax confirmation in the event verification is needed.
To complete the occupational questionnaire and submit via fax:
- Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire .
- Print the 1203FX form, follow the instructions and provide your responses to the occupational questionnaire items http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdfimage/opm1203fx.pdf .
- If narrative responses are required, provide your responses with question number identified on a separate document or you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- Fax all six pages of the completed 1203FX form, required narrative responses along with any supporting documents to 1-(see application details). Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
You will not be considered for this position if you fail to submit all of the above documents. Read more Agency contact information
If you experience technical issues with completing your online application, please email the Application Manager Help Desk at: (see application details) .
(see application details) Email
(see application details) Address National Credit Union Administration
1775 Duke Street
Learn more about this agency Next steps
You will receive an email that your resume has been received from the USAJOBS website. You can check the status of your application by logging back into your USAJOBS account. Read more
- Fair & Transparent Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance. Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Read more Reasonable Accommodation Policy
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency. Read more Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov . For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/484035100 . Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.