Sodexo is seeking a Facilities Ice Rink Manager at Lake Forest Academy in Lake Forest, IL.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 125,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 9,000 client sites and more than 15 million customers a day in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, health care and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.
Are You the One?
Our clients depend on your expertise to help them to optimize their business. If you are a Strategic Facilities Manager with the ability to develop innovative technical solutions while successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong business results, this may be the opportunity for you!
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the ice rink during the hours of 7am to 11pm
- Operate and maintain all equipment at the facility including an ammonia-based refrgeration and ice resurfacer, zamboni, ice edger and other ice related equipment
- Manage a small staff of 1 full time employee and 2 part time employees
- Perform repairs to the facility
- Plan and prepare work schedules, expedite work flow and examine the work of employees for safety, completeness and quality
- Responsible for the safe usage and storage of liquid propane fuel within the facility and routinely monitor and change Zamboni propane tanks
- General housekeeping duties within the facility
- Manage facility equipment emergencies
- Adhere to OSHA standards
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2 years of experience managing an ice rink or in a similar position at an ice rink
- The ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds
- The flexibility to work according to the use of the rink which will involve nights, weekends and holidays
- Experience using power and hand tools
- The ability to operate a forklift, scissor lifts, boom lifts and other light duty machinery
- The ability to work around water and ice/freezing temperatures for extended periods of time
Working for Sodexo in Schools allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. From preschool through high school, in public schools and independent schools, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. _Student success depends upon so many conditions. When children are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained school they are more likely to succeed.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
Supervises hourly staff providing facilities maintenance and engineering services to clients. Responsible for work force planning, QA training, and administrative functions of the designated area of supervision. May report to GM in smaller accounts, or to an Ops Manager in a larger account, or to another manager level.