Sodexo Corporate Services has a new opportunity in Trumbull, CT for a Facilities Engineering Operations Manager. This manager will be managing the day-to-day operations of facilities services in multiple buildings, within walking distance, on an R&D Campus. Our ideal candidate will have verifiable experience and demonstrated knowledge of managing large facilities in a complex R&D/Healthcare style environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining a safe, secure and orderly working environment with an eye toward maintaining a 100% accident - free working environment for Sodexo employees and Sodexo’s Client
- Maintaining and developing positive and productive Client relationships while building Client confidence and satisfaction with Sodexo’s facilities engineering services to ensure account retention.
- Fulfilling contractual obligations to the Client.
- Providing support to the Facilities Engineering Team insuring adequate materials are available for quick turnaround on routine tasks (PPM’s)
- Successfully engages with Sodexo’s internal facilities engineering resources to meet Client facility needs where appropriate
- Plans facility projects, including defining objectives, methods, timetables, staffing and budget to support Client and Sodexo strategic plan.
- Accountable for the execution of service quality by maintaining highest level of delivery through effective management of all available resources, including approved Sodexo vendors, sub-contractors, employees as well as inventory controls & tracking.
- Promoting and supporting workplace diversity initiatives.
- Administrate the Sodexo employee safety program
- Directs daily engineering service operations to ensure employees have appropriate equipment and resources to perform their jobs and meet goals and deadlines.
- Ensures proper operations of building(s) through managing, maintaining and regulating systems such as HVAC, electronic, plumbing, physical plant operations, security, fire control and pressure steam systems.
- Manages assets of the unit, including analysis and overseeing of infrastructure, inventory, space utilization, capital improvement, property and insurance.
- Negotiates all contracts with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Proactively probes potential problems for quick resolution and apprises general manager, (and any other applicable staff) of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resources when necessary.
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning, prioritizing activities, following up, and constantly monitoring all assigned activities for 100% compliance with approved operating standards.
- Manages by providing positive and constructive feedback to employees in order to reward, coach, correct and motivate.
- Assists in the development of new business service(s) for the Client and implements the service program(s).
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodex/Client policies and procedures (e.g. quality assurance, safety, operations, personnel).
- Establishes a safe work environment for employees by providing safety-related training and equipment maintenance.
- Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to employees.
- Reviews project proposal/plan to determine time frame, funding limitations and procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements and contracting requirements.
- Ensures CMMS accuracy, analyzes data and insures monthly PM timely completion – Maximo preferred
- Root cause analysis – uses CMMS data to identify assets and building areas that are generating repeat service calls in order to proactively locate and resolve root cause of issues
- Actively manages OPEN WORK ORDERS on a daily basis in coordination with facility engineering staff, and facility operations coordinator to insure work orders are 100% completed in an accurate, timely and good workman-like manner.
Desired Knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge of BAS/BMS Systems (Trane Summit/Tracer, Honeywell, Johnson Controls, etc.)
- Working knowledge of CMMS systems – (MAXIMO used in this Client)
- OSHA 10 Certification
- Facility Project Management experience
- Experience with high and low-pressure steam boilers, used both for process (clean) steam and building heating
- Working knowledge of large air compressor / vacuum systems generating “lab quality” air for experiments and equipment
- Demonstrated knowledge of reading and interpreting building plans and schematics
- Experience managing multiple sub-contracted vendors delivering various services on campus
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of web-based tools as well as Microsoft applications such as EXCEL, WORD, POWERPOINT.
- Knowledge of applicable state and local building codes
- Knowledge of applicable ANSI standards related to boiler operations, fume hoods and related laboratory equipment
- Knowledgeable of applicable safety requirements by task and/or trade. (Lock Out/Tag out, PPE etc.)
Previous experience working in a life-sciences or healthcare engineering environment is a plus
More transactional; daily interaction with hourly staff and SPOC. Supervises hourly staff and is the first line of response for customers. Focuses on emergency work orders and safety.
• Implementing SDX procedures/programs to achieve operational goals/performance in managing – mechanical – Hard FM – Electric, plumber, HVAC, and mechanical; carpentry (would fall under skilled mechanical).
• Scope – number of management technicians/generalists? Or trades? / level of interaction with client vs chain of command / unit financial responsibility / safety /
• Number of buildings / square footage levels / level of sophisticated systems – HVAC / electronics / Labs
• Level of self-performed tasks vs. contractor management/ staffing levels may be less than Healthcare – more redundancy of systems; HC more regulatory “Joint Commission which dictates more annual/planned processes
• Preventive and corrective maintenance; predictive maintenance.
• Greater than 500k sq ft; over 10 – 12 trades
• Day to day management of the maintenance operations of the account. Oversight communication workflow management; Building trades and mechanical trades – electrical, plumbing, carpentry, HVAC (Hard FM) – Scope of responsibility is greater for a Manager 2 – more technical and more management; may have a Manager 1 reporting this position
Critical 1 – Mechanically competent
Critical 2 – People skills – communication/mgmt.
Interpersonal skills important
Scope may mandate this position; technical competency level may also be a differentiator
Supervision of all outside contractors/vendors for site
Responsible for overseeing facilities staff, training and hr functions for unit
Financial= labor, inventory, supplies, UFS
Performs facilities maintenance functions as required.
Manages events (schools)
Communicates directly with customers
Responsible for CMMS
Implement SDX programs/ procedures/ policies/ systems
Safety – client and SDX employee safety
Mechanical systems – maintaining operational capability of mechanical systems
Multiple buildings requiring mechanical systems oversight
Scheduling and work flow management – greater scope