This position requires an individual with strong technical skills relating to the development and deployment of Process solutions. The individual will need to support process customers in the Food and Beverage, Home Health and Beauty, and Life Science industries throughout the life cycle of automation project work. Responsible for the requirements definition, specification, design, implementation, test, and customer-site startup of control, information and automation systems working in a project team environment. This will include providing hardware and software engineering, system start-up, and customer training. Responsible for performing system engineering for automation process control projects based on programmable controllers, drives, motor control centers, operator/field device, instrumentation, etc.
- Analyzes customer's requirements to determine the optimal process control system solution and determines applicable control configuration/architecture
- Designs and implements software for PLCs and HMIs based on customer requirements.
- Configures servers and network equipment that hosts HMIs, data historians, and data reporting software.
- Provides updates to project manager/leader pertaining to status of activities, performance to schedule and performance to budget for self and other less-experienced engineers.
- Analyzes customer's requirements to determine the optimal process control system solution and determines applicable control configuration/architecture.
- Uses technologies used in standard offerings, new applications and extensions of current architectures or software packages.
- Responsible for using application solution-related or technology-related best practices on assigned projects.
- Performs conceptual process control systems design, determination of process control system strategy, design of assembled programming
- Will provide on-site process control system start-up as required.
- Provide verbal and written reports to communicate project status as required and contribute to project review meetings.
- Visit internal/external panel manufacturing facilities to assess progress, provide technical assistance and for final inspection and sign off.
- Client liaison and interface with management
- Development and maintenance of customer relationship
- Team player with the ability to integrate with other team project members
- Interacts with project management, hardware design, purchasing, and assembly personnel in support of project efforts.
- Obtains product technical information from other business units of RA as required.
- EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Computer Engineering.
- 2+ years in control systems applications, hardware, or other engineering related experience.
- Experience with Rockwell Automation products hardware and software product suites (ControlLogix, Logix 5000, FT View, FTBatch, FT Historian and/or FT VantagePoint.)
- Must be available and willing to work overtime, weekends, holidays, travel and work at customer sites, including industrial plants, ships, etc., which may require climbing, working in confined spaces and other unusual work environments in order to meet customer project commitments.
- Can work in Mayfield Heights, OH or work virtually in the United States.
- Must have the ability to travel an average of about 25% of the time; however, travel can flex up to 50% a few times per year.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Desired Qualifications:
- Previous experience conducting system field startup activities.
- Previous experience in control systems applications engineering related to automation systems throughout the project lifecycle from initial design concepts through to installation and subsequent client support.
Control Products and Solutions
Engineering and Technicians
No. of Positions:
Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.