Job Area: Customer Service
Business Area: Pension
Location: IA - Des Moines
Career Category: Recent College Graduate,Experienced Professional
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Date Posted: 2017-11-16
Its not what we doIts who we are.
At Principal®, every role supports a greater purposeto give real people an edge in planning and protecting their financial lives. After more than 130 years of service, weve never had a more vibrant and dynamic global team united in our purpose.
Through community involvement, innovative financial solutions and dedication to career development, we make a difference in millions of lives every day, including our employees.
As a Bilingual Retirement Specialist II, you will educate and assist 401K participants by answering inbound phone inquiries about their retirement accounts and help them take action to prepare for retirement. In this fast paced, high energy environment, helping people is not only rewarding, but our number one priority!
Through our comprehensive training program, you will acquire valuable industry knowledge and receive development opportunities specific to your career objectives.
The Principal way
Our team has created a customer first and employee empowered culture AND we have fun doing it. If you want to use your skills and experience in an environment where you can make a difference, we want to hear from you! Come experience a collaborative work culture with great workplace perks:
- Competitive pay, great benefits and vacation time. Benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with company match and cash pension plan.
- Business Casual Dress.
- Work from home opportunities.
- Fitness Facility.
- Free Parking.
Education & Work Experience:
- Associates or Bachelors degree preferred or 2+ years customer service experience required.
- FINRA Series 6 licensing will be required within the first 6 months
Skills & Knowledge:
- Two or four-year degree or equivalent customer service work experience required.
- Strong communications, customer service, organizational and telephone skills required.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work in a team environment, able to multi-task, detail oriented and able to maintain strict confidentiality guidelines.
- Requires basic computer skills with the ability to efficiently navigate within numerous software and web applications.
- Ability to type 35 wpm.
- Must have ability to acquire strong knowledge of business unit products, processes and systems.
- Must be able to wear a telephone headset and sit for extended periods.
- May be required to work non-traditional hours to meet customer needs.
- FINRA (Series 6) will be required to maintain employment
- Bilingual skills in Spanish required.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship for work authorization by Principal. Therefore, if you will require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, we cannot consider your application at this time.
In this position, you will be responsible for taking inbound calls and must be able to sit for extended periods of time wearing a telephone headset.
The hours of operation for this department are 6:55 am - 9:10pm, Monday - Friday. All qualified individuals must be available for shifts during these timeframes and may be required to work non-traditional hours to meet customer needs. (Shift differential pay will be available for shifts ending at 7:00pm or later and compensated for the entire shift.)
Principal is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Whats next? Innovation at its finest.
See job description.
Well review your application and if youre selected for an interview, youll receive an invite for an On-Demand Video interview. Havent done that before, dont worry. Weve got all the tips and tricks available to help you be successful. With an On-Demand Video Interview, you can add your own flair and personality at your pace.
Be sure to check your email frequently. Well communicate our decisions through the email address used on your online profile. If you receive an email from Principal Talent Team, youve been selected to begin your video interview and have a set time to submit once you log in.