Hoffman Estates IL - Retail
Become a part of the World's Foremost Outfitter team! At Cabela's we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live...Dream... Work the Adventure ! Cabela’s has an opening for a Part-Time Administrative Assistant in the Power Sports Department at our Hoffman Estates retail store.
Provides support to the Department/Manager/Director. Performs a wide variety of administrative duties that may include preparing reports, compiling data for analysis, coordinating activities or events, investigating and resolving problems, and organizing and communicating effectively in the department. This position is often involved with sensitive information that must remain confidential.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains the overall function of the office, which includes but is not limited to: managing schedules, maintenance of all dept inventory & requests which includes office supplies, print orders, and hardware/software. Manages department facilities resources and participates in workshops and training as necessary to enhance the functionality of the department.
- Composes and distributes communication throughout department in order to achieve clarity and understanding. Attends key meetings and communicates pertinent information with department as well as notating meeting content. Partners with other areas/departments in the company to coordinate projects and efforts. Also receives incoming calls and appropriately deals with call or issues. Records and distributes messages as needed. Maintains confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Maintains department filing system to ensure availability of information when needed. Coordinates department events and planning.
- Assist with preparation and coordination of departmental forecasts and budgets and perform actual to budget variance analysis.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 0 to 2+ Years Experience
- Must have the ability to operate a personal computer and office equipment.
- Must have knowledge of and proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and time efficienct
Cabela’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.
Cabela’s shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
Cabela's offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, health and dental coverage for you and your family, and employee discounts.
Pay Grade: 8N
Applying for a posted position does not guarantee an interview. The Internal Transfer Policy applies.
See Job Description