The Engineer is responsible for participating in logistics analysis and engineering work involving all aspects of transportation and warehouse design. They solve problems presented to them to support customers, development activities or request for proposals by designing, developing, analyzing or implementing comprehensive supply chain solutions. They collect data, perform transportation, statistical and mapping analysis, design customized solutions and work on a team that is developing or implementing the processes and service solutions for the customer. Might implement and design customized solutions, use engineering tools for modeling or utilize the tools or solutions for implementation. They use
methods or tools under the guidance of their manager to create models, tools or processes that will be used by Analysts and Operations daily. They are participant in location startups,process improvement teams and cost saving initiatives.
- Conduct logistics analysis in support of both operational and new sales projects.
- Conduct the development and implementation of engineering solutions, including programming/software development.
- Provide maintenance and support activities for all existing solutions, including software maintenance as needed.
- Preparation of technical and user documentation and presentations for all solutions.
- Designs, implements or analyzes one customer solution at a time with supervision as assigned
- Works effectively as a team member accomplishing assigned goals
- Participates in cross-functional groups to create the expected customer outcomes
- Interacts with internal and external customers on an as needed basis
- Supports the preparation of results into proposal documents or other engineering reports and presentations for customers and management
- Helps ensure a solution will meet financial goals and provide cost savings
- Meets customer deadlines by providing required designs and analysis
- Develops an understanding of the customers' needs and take actions to ensure that such needs are met
- Understands what the customer does, what their business model is and what their expectations are
- Able to resolve situations quickly, communicate status of problem, and work with the appropriate subject matter expert until it is fixed with the guidance of a more senior level associate
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor