Currently, Sodexo is seeking a food service General Manager 6 for The USMC Recruiting Depot in San Diego Messhall 569, Sodexo’s largest Marine Messhall account on the West Coast. This long standing partnership with the USMC offers _an_ innovative Dining Program serving over 3.2 million meals per year.
The GM will report to the Resident District Manager and has 5 salaried managers and 350 contracted employees with a managed volume of 25 million.
The Food General Manager 6 must have the ability to lead a diverse team while analysis data and identifying trends and areas for operational improvement. A strong understanding of a 21 day cycle menu is important and the General Manager 6 must have experience in contract management and maximizing headcount for efficiency. Sodexo Government at MCRD is leading the way in nutrition and while controlling food and labor cost.
Our ideal candidate will have exceptional leadership skills and demonstrated expert knowledge in the following areas:
- Strategic thinker to connect best practice solutions to proactively serve client challenges
- Ability to drive and execute processes
- Strong financial acumen to effectively manager portfolio’s P&L –
- Project & Food Contract Management experience
- Ability to support and build relationships with clients, employees and the local community.
- Keen awareness of employee performance management and development
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to interact successfully from frontline employees to C-suite executives
- Experience in with high volume food service or Military environment is strongly preferred
- Bilingual - Ethiopian (preferred)
The General Manager 6 will be a visionary and innovative leader with polished communication skills, solid financial acumen, and the ability to successfully lead through change, multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic fast paced environment. Demonstrated technical expertise, exceptional organization skills, and the ability to handle a high degree of stress in a dynamic environment will be required. The ideal candidate will have an excellent successful experience in upper management in a high level/high volume hospitality environment.
Sodexo Government Services is committed to enhancing the Marine Experience by delivering world-class food services and welcome you to join our team for this career opportunity_. _#L
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to an account, may have multiple clients and/or satellite locations.
Provides local leadership and strategic direction while developing team for new and emerging business solutions that sustain growth in the day to day operations.
- Directs all contract services.
- Oversees management/administrative team who are responsible for special functions, cash control and payroll.
- Customer and client satisfaction
- Drives growth
- Financial management