Work collaboratively as a member of an Embedded Systems Engineering team to perform diverse work tasks in a real time embedded communication and control environments.
Independently support technical solutions to complex problems throughout a new product development cycle involving analog and digital hardware and software operating systems.
Responsibilities typically include:
Function as team member to contribute to and influence efforts of a development team towards defining and achieving project deliverables, keeping in mind the guiding principles; Customer Focus, Sense of Urgency, Performance to schedule and Quality.
Directly apply technical skills to tasks involving complex features. Use proven software design techniques, procedures and criteria to complete a sequence of related engineering tasks (i.e. investigate, design, develop, test) in accordance with Rockwell Automation's quality guidelines.
Participate in creation of or reviews of; documents, designs, code, test cases and user documentation.
Perform unit or functional testing of developed software to ensure correct operation per functional requirements and compatibility with other components in the system.
Contribute to software development capability improvement by keeping abreast of current trends in the areas of software development practices, technology utilization and development tools.
Effectively team with others through mutually supportive professional relationships, open and direct communications, honesty and respect. Able to cope with and leverage personality differences and differences of opinion.
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
- Minimum of a completed Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar Engineering discipline with a concentration in software.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience with C/C++, Embedded Linux and assembly languages.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Advanced courses in engineering or computer science would be beneficial. Course work covering software requirements analysis, software design, software engineering and software testing is desired.
- Familiarity with the use of tools such as In-Circuit Emulators, Logic Analyzers, embedded monitors, Linux development environment (git, gcc compiler, make, cmake, bitbake) and other such development tools.
- Embedded Linux experience within the Yocto Project/OpenEmbedded environment.
- Proven experience to work effectively as a team member in the development and testing of real time embedded products involving software operating systems and analog and digital hardware.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodology.
Architecture and Software
Engineering and Technicians
No. of Positions:
Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.