- 3 plus years practical maintenance and repair experience with Automobiles, Light Trucks, and Vans.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Vocational/Technical or certification preferred
- Specialized training and experience in the diagnosis/troubleshooting of major components (engines, transmissions, differentials) as defined as "heavy-line" type work.
- 608/609 certifications
- A valid Driver's license
- Advanced LASD computer system skills preferred for data entry into maintenance systems.
- Able to use and operate any and all diagnostic computers and equipment required by the vehicles operating within the district.
- Willingness to travel as necessary within the district and work at any station or shop within the district if required.
- Completion of on-line OEM training courses for vehicle makes and models operated by L. A. Sheriff's Department.
- Master Tech ASE certification to include brake certification (A-4) and Headlight adjustors certification
- Have required tools to perform all maintenance and repair work as required by the vehicles operating within the district
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally
communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 260,000 vehicles, employs more than 29,000 people, and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and
warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.GoPenske.com to learn more.