At Rockwell Automation, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services and customer experiences. As an Electrical Design Continuation Engineer, you maintain and improve existing production designs by introducing incremental improvements and design changes for Manufacturing, Quality, and cost reasons.
- Provide support to maintain production of existing product designs.
- Evaluate the feasibility of product design modification proposals through modelling, prototyping and simulation.
- Lead derivative design modification concepts through feasibility, prototyping, development, testing and into production.
- Collaborate with other functional team members, including software, mechanical engineering, industrialization engineering and production.
- Key Skills:
- Strong analytical skills and decision making ability.
- Ability to operate in a matrix environment.
- Ability to work successfully with all functions of the organization, fostering a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent leadership, communication and presentation skills.
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
Minimum Qualifications :
- BS in Electrical Engineering.
- At least 1 year of hardware design experience.
- Experience with MPU, ASICs, analog, and digital sensor-related electrical board designs.
- Creating and troubleshooting circuit designs, proposing creative solutions to existing product issues.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- MS in Electrical Engineering.
- Working knowledge of design tools including modeling and simulation such as schematic capture (Mentor Graphics Dx-Designer), Expedition, electrical simulation (Spice), and logic simulation.
- Working knowledge of appropriate agency design standards (TUV, UL, CSA, FCC).
- Design expertise in opto-electronic sensors, proximity sensors, and RFID design.
- Working knowledge of SAP business software.
- Certified in IEC 62061 or IEC 61508.
Architecture and Software
Engineering and Technicians
No. of Positions:
Chelmsford - Massachusetts
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.