This position will be responsible for the overall supervision of the Global Solutions Business in the Elmhurst, IL facility as well as having direct responsibility for the assembly/wiring technicians and test technicians. This position additionally will oversee the shipping, receiving, and materials personnel. This leadership role is responsible for managing the Elmhurst, IL facility as well as Twinsburg, OH; Batavia, OH locations including the manufacturing processes, quality test, and materials to meet project schedules, priorities, and monthly delivery forecast in order to meet customer shipment deadlines and ensure resources are fully utilized and at the same time ensuring to use the most cost effective method. This individual is responsible for quality objectives in accordance with Rockwell Automation, ISO, and customer-specific workmanship practices and analyzing quality issues in order to come up with an action plan to continuously improve quality. This individual will be responsible for applying policies and procedures related to performance management, business ethics, and Environmental Health and Safety, along with setting all the day-to-day priorities. This leader is responsible for training, coaching, and the development of all team members while ensuring the team is following all policies, processes, and procedures as well as making recommendations for continuous process improvements.
- Identify measurable key performance indicators and seek continual improvement within the team.
- Co-Manage a Matrix Managed Facility where direct Management will be off site.
- Provides training and coaching to team members as to methods, procedures, and technical instruction.
- Responsible for multiple Rockwell sites and / or 3rd Party Panel Shops
- Responsible for the management of the department expense budgets in accordance with planned workload.
- Uses databases and spreadsheets to control inventory and project material, timekeeping, and quality processes.
- Utilizes technical skills to maximize efficiency and thorough completion of hardware assembly, test, and warehouse/inventory assignments.
- Overtime is often required to meet customer commitments
- Responsible for the quality and on-time completion of systems assigned, and for the timely communication of project status to other departments.
- Prepare labor estimates and monitor progress towards achieving budgeted goals.
- Seeks and contributes to continuous improvement in production, test, and material control processes to increase quality, efficiency, and safety.
- Participates in teaming tasks ~ $200k of productivity savings per year.
- Implements new processes for performing value-add services to internal and external customers.
- Safety and Environmental Programs
- Facility HR Contact
- Facilities On-Time-Performance
- Facilities Average-Order-Delivery (Cycle Time)
- Load Management And Capacity Control
- Material Manager For The Facility
- Customer Service Manager for Facility
- Coordination Of Shipping And Logistics
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Management or other related technical degree
- Requires a minimum of 5 years Manufacturing Operations experience
- Requires a minimum of 5 years Facility Management experience
- Requires a minimum of 5 years Management/ Supervisory experience
- Requires a minimum of 5 years Material Control and Purchasing experience or exposure
- Requires previous experience with Microsoft Office- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Requires previous experience in a job where extreme multi-tasking was required
- Requires previous Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering experience
- Requires previous experience with project management applications and business systems experience
- Automation Solutions Experience
- Familiar with Customer Service Passport
- SAP or IFS training (Project Business applications) or project management applications experience would be helpful
Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
Control Products and Solutions
Supply Chain and Operations
No. of Positions:
Elmhurst - Illinois
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.