Sodexo is seeking a Registered Dietitian, Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) for Fountain Valley Regional Hospital, a 400 bed facility located in Fountain Valley, CA. This position is shared between the Orange County Regional Diabetes Center and in-patient acute care activites. Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is a JC-certified in-patient and out-patient diabetes center that services a diverse population including Vietnamese and Hispanic customers. At least 3-5 years of recent experience in acute care and diabetes education are required for a successful candidate.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a Registered Dietitian with at least 3-5 years of clinical experience and as a Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE required).
- Have familiarity with the Nutrition Care Process and Electronic Health Records experience.
- Demonstrate skills in accreditiation and regulatory readiness and review, and establishing and maintaining standards of care.
- Provide education to patients as well as staff and work well with physicians, nursing, and ancillary staff.
- Be skilled at motivational interviewing processes.
- Be able to provide presentations/public speaking events.
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills to interact with a wide variety of individuals and groups.
- Be a self-starter, a team player, and posess good time management skills.
- Have the ability to meet Dept of Health/State/Federal and company standards
Responsible for providing direct comprehensive nutrition services including those for complex needs.
-Directs nutrition care of special needs population to ensure nutrition needs and customer satisfaction levels are met.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.
-Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy.
-Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexho resource when necessary.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., -HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments. .