Rockwell Automation's Industrial Component Business is seeking a global Product Manager to be a member of the Motor Control and Protection portfolio team responsible for leading and managing the product lifecycle for our electronic motor protection products. This role will include the development and management of business plans, product roadmaps, forecasting, global profitability, customer requirements, technical resolution, and commercial messaging for assigned products. This will be an extremely dynamic role that will require the individual to effectively manage multiple priorities while clearly communicating to all internal and external customers with appropriate sense of urgency. This person will have a significant amount of interface with the sales organization including direct communication with end customers and channel partners. In addition, this role will work closely with the management team to help evaluate and recommend marketing opportunities consistent with product line objectives and achieve portfolio revenue and share growth goals though a strong strategy and shared product roadmaps.
- Manage the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Provide leadership and guidance to cross functional teams consisting of Marketing, Quality Assurance, Industrialization, Operations, and Partners to advance new product concepts and advance all aspects of assigned portfolio
- Will be both technical and commercial "expert" for internal and external customers
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research, voice of customer, and visits to customers where appropriate
- Participate in cross BU projects as necessary to enhance technical understanding and influence evolution of products and solutions
- Assists with customer support and issue resolution
- Analyze competitive products, and develop competitive comparisons
- Develop training materials and product positioning
- Keep current on industry trends and changing market and/or regulatory requirements, and competitive products relative to assigned product lines
EOE, M/F Disable, Vet
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or similar discipline
- 8+ years' relevant experience in the industrial automation, power control, or similar industry
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- 5+ years' experience with product marketing or application engineering and a close familiarity with the functions of product development, production, application, sales and distribution
- Previous application experience and/or understanding of the 3-phase power and motor control
- Previous experience in control system design, implementation, commissioning of Rockwell Automation products (including Logix controllers and software tools) and/or other industrial control equipment
Control Products and Solutions
No. of Positions:
Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.