· Provide a general introduction/orientation for new GSK employees within the Smart Lab.
· Provide coordination of a 5S lean service to stations within the Smart Lab, as applicable.
· Be the first line of support for infrastructure and building faults; submitting work orders and reporting of faults and ensuring these are closed out in a timely fashion.
· Be the first line of support for IT and software issues; submitting work orders and reporting of issues and ensuring these are closed out in a timely fashion.
· Be the support interface for equipment maintenance/repair; liaison with LIS; submitting work orders and reporting of issues and ensuring these are closed out in a timely fashion.
· Be the first line of support for Chemical stockroom deliveries and returns; liaison with Chemical Store Chemist.
· Ensure appropriate tracking, safe handling, and delivery of shipments received by laboratory staff, and storage of goods where applicable.
· Coordinate the working environment including space and availability of PPE.
· Collect chemical, hazardous and biological waste to central collection-point within the lab.
· Coordinate the removal of waste from labs.
· Organize lab cleanings as necessary with service provider and scientists.
· Coordinate lab stocks through Kanban by liaison with site stores.
· Coordinate the supply of lab gases/LN2/dry ice; liaison with lab services staff and D&L.
· Carry out all requests and tasks in a helpful and professional manner, build relationships with staff and consistently demonstrate good customer service interface.
Serves as a direct point of contact for customers. Responsible for ensuring customers receive an adequate level of service with their questions, concerns and/or issues. Answers/responds to routine questions and inquiries from customers via the telephone, Internet, fax and other technologies, using established fact-finding procedures, customer service methodologies, knowledge of pertinent processes and procedures, and familiarity with policies, vendors and specified products/services. Consults with or transfers more difficult issues to the Rep II or management.