Currently, Sodexo has an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Food Services General Manager 4 to oversee the day to day operation of $2.5M volume account for Resident Dining and Food Retail services at Menlo College – a longstanding partnership of over 45 years – is a small private College in Atherton, CA – near San Francisco. The Menlo College program has approximately 475 boarders on a traditional meal plan. This is a growing program, with potential to increase retail & catering operations on campus. Summer has traditional menus for summer camps and conferences. The General Manager will oversee up to 30 Sodexo employees.
Is this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have previous Food operations management in a larger university setting or large volume sectors of Healthcare, Corporate or other high volume dining settings;
- Be proficient in use of online Food Management Systems for menu/recipe planning, ordering and inventory;
- Demonstrate proven financial acumen/success: Food costs/ labor costs, budgets.
- Be a people person with a strong focus with maintaining positive client relations; a solid manager/leader who is perceptive and has attention to details that make a difference – quality and presentation of food – customer service –
- Be a multi-tasker, organized, innovative and an effective leader who can motivate their staff. – strong employee engagement through developing, mentoring, training and motivating encouraging staff to a high level of execution and pride/passion for what they do.
- Be customer focused– including providing excellent customer service in a welcoming dining environment.
- Have experience working through renovations – maintaining service, morale, motivation.
- Solid understanding / experience of Sustainability initiatives and be an active part of the campus community – student government, food recovery program, service missions, etc.
- Seeking Bilingual candidates - the ability to speak Spanish will be helpful in managing this work force.
Are you the manager we are looking for? Are you a leader who has vision and ability to work with the client to achieve new campus growth goals? Are you ready to start your Sodexo career at MENLO College? Apply TODAY! RELOCATION is provided for this opportunity! _#LI
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account.
Provides local leadership and strategic direction while developing team for new and emerging business solutions that sustain growth in the day to day operations.
- Directs all contract services.
- Oversees management/administrative team who are responsible for special functions, cash control and payroll.
- Customer and client satisfaction
- Drives growth
- Financial management