Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
The Chronicle of Higher Education's "Great Colleges to Work For" is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-University Park
Lone Star College, located in the north metropolitan Houston area, is one of the largest and fastest growing community colleges in the country featuring six comprehensive colleges and 10 centers with over 95,000 credit and non-credit students each semester, an annual budget exceeding $500,000,000, and 7,300 employees spread over a 2100 square mile area.
LSC adds $3.1 billion to the local and regional economy by providing educational opportunities across the north Houston region.
Founded in 2010, LSC-University Park is located on a 71-acre campus that includes the comprehensive Lone Star College campus along with Lone Star Corporate College, the LSC-Energy & Manufacturing Center, multiple university partners, a charter high school, several commercial tenants and much more creating the college of the future. LSC-UP's vision is to be nationally recognized as the model for the innovative college of the 21st century. LSC-UP's "Invitation to Innovate" (i2i) has resulted in local, national and international awards and recognitions, including one patent.
Campus address is 20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Road) Houston, Texas 77070-2607
The Technical Writing Translator English to Latin American Spanish will be responsible for a full range of learning and development translations of instructor-led training and learning programs. Conducts needs assessments, develops a project plan and develops evaluates training materials to be translated, and consults on a broad array of technical learning and development issues. Must be able to with internal and external teams that include clients and subject matter experts to complete translation projects. The translator shall translate and produce a variety of general and technical documents, materials and script from English to Spanish for training.
- The translator will read, translate, and produce a variety of documents and materials Designs and develops highly complex course curricula and related content and materials.
- The translator will prepare drafts and finished, proofed translations
- Oversees development of curricula or programs by subject matter experts in support of an assigned functional area.
- The translator will produce translations and support the translation of communication from English to Spanish.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge translating technical materials from English to Spanish
- Attention to detail and ability to cope with several tasks simultaneously, and be detailed oriented.
- Initiative and analytical skills are mandatory.
- Excellent Bilingual interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written .
- Project management skills and team skills.
- Minimal physical effort is required
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- The work is performed in a climate controlled office environment with minimal exposure to safety hazards. Travel to the LSC locations and to external meeting locations will be required.
- PC/Mac/Unix workstation/server running on a LAN in a Macintosh and Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone, and other general office equipment.
- College/District Staff and Administrators - Contact with administrators, faculty, and staff as necessary to provide or obtain information to carry out the general functions of the position.
External - Contact with various agencies or vendors as necessary.
Students - Constant interaction with students to find out needs.
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You cannot attach a file that exceeds the allocated limit of 1024 kilobytes. You can attach a maximum of 10 files at a time. The search tool recruiter's use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are word or pdf files.
Please include the requisition number and your name in the title of your file. You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- At least 5 years required in translation of English to Latin American Spanish development
- Translated in an Industrial or Construction environment.
- Manage multiple translation projects.
Benefits Marketing Statement:
- At least 5 years in paid translation work.
By joining our top notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization recognized for the 3rd year in a row as a "Great College To Work For". We offer a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition reimbursement, participation in the TIAA-CREF retirement plan and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
Application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check