Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Department: Human Resources
Classification: Full Time- Exempt
Location: Washington, DC
Reports to: Senior Director of Operations and Administration
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for all aspects of Human Resources Management in accordance with federal, state and local laws and the CentroNía employee manual.
The Human Resources Manager must be able to build and maintain the trust and confidence of all staff, volunteers and consultants who work with CentroNía, maintaining the confidentiality each staff member is due while advancing the organizations interest. In addition, the HR Manager will work with management to ensure efficient and effective communication between HR and the organization.
• Payroll: In collaboration with the Finance Office, conduct periodic reviews of payroll records to ensure accurate payroll deductions, accruals.
• Administrative: Process personnel information for new hires, terminations and general updates to employee personal information. Establish and maintain personnel files on new, current and terminated employees, a process which includes ensuring completion of appropriate personnel actions and new hire paperwork, current licensing information, and criminal background checks.
• Programmatic: Assist Management in all areas of staffing, including job analysis, development of job descriptions, recruitment, interviewing, background investigations and candidate selection. Assist management with personnel file audits conducted by third-party agencies.
• Employee Onboarding: Design, develop and maintain CentroNía’s staff orientation process and manual. Organize handbook for each staff member, to include: personnel manual, benefits information, timesheets, leave forms, supply order form, payroll schedule, organizational calendar, and job description. Obtain reports from HRIS system and compile information for new employee orientation, benefit and retirement orientations, performance reviews, employment contract compliance and special reports.
• Benefits: Process benefits enrollments, terminations and changes to ensure that employees are covered and/or terminated and that payroll deductions are made in a timely manner.
• Retirement: Process additions and modifications to the organizations retirement plan, to include: preparing quarterly reports, notifying newly eligible employees, providing plan information for enrollment, and distributing quarterly and periodic plan statements to new and terminated employees as needed.
• Develops organization strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, organization analysis, and strategic recommendations; establishing human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives.
• Implements human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations.
• Manages human resources operations by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining staff; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing staff job contributions; maintaining compensation; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.