Sodexo Government Services has a fantastic opportunity on Capitol Hill for a highly passionate, experienced, organized, and disciplined individual with a strong commitment to serving people to join our team at The U.S. House of Representatives in Washington, DC as a Human Resources/Protocol Manager.
This highly visible position will hold a dual role making the ideal candidate one of unique quality and ability to navigate in a political environment with Congress and have Union Experience.
- As the Human Resource Manager you will support 100+ Union team members who have supported our Members of Congress, Staff and visitors for over 40 years.
- This unique role will also be responsible for relationship functions, Protocol manager, with all Members of Congress, their Staff, guests and visitors.
The ideal candidate must be politically savvy in regards to verbal and written communication to high level clients and executives of The House of Representatives and Sodexo. He or she must also be highly organized with a strong demonstrated mature business acumen.
The House of Representatives is a complex Union contract that consists of 10 individual operations. The operations generates a total of $18M in annual revenue and consists of 1 large newly renovated food court, three small to medium cafeterias, a newly renovated Dunkin Donuts, a newly renovated Subway, and three convenience stores (C-stores).
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Providing HR counsel to local management team in accordance with the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Managing the implementation of HR plans, training and engagement programs, and systems
- Implementing and ensuring compliance with Sodexo employee relations programs, Sodexo policies and procedures and Federal, State, and Local laws regarding human resources
- Maintaining records and reports necessary to comply with Company, government, and accrediting agency standards, regulations, and codes
- Influencing and negotiating with operators
- Counseling managers and employees regarding the impact of labor and regulatory laws (e.g., FMLA, EEO, ADA).
- Coaching and mentoring that includes developmental plans, training, resources, and opportunities
- Building and developing a robust candidate pool through recruitment and succession planning
- Ensuring compliance with diversity and inclusion metrics and scorecards
Seeking bilingual candidates; the ability to speak Spanish will assist in engaging with our workforce at the U.S. House of Representatives.
Handles human resource functions and administration for single unit/account. May include payroll, benefits, training, employee relations, recruiting, safety, etc. Position focuses on hourly workforce.
- Respond to inquiries regarding HR plans, programs & policies. Education managers and employees on policies and procedures. Assist in developing and implementing new policies and procedures. Knowledge of and oversees all Federal, State and Local laws regarding human resources.
- Investigate and resolve employee issues and recommend resolutions, based on policy, as appropriate. Involve those necessary based on incidents; HR People Center, legal, etc. If applicable, management of union employees; understanding of all contract rules/policies and management of arbitration. Involvement of contract negotiations.
- Provide direction to managers and employees on implementation of HR plans, programs, policies, and training. Act as the primary consultant on various HR initiatives.
- Serve as the HR consultant and work with operations to positively impact business.
- Perform due diligence for new business initiatives to determine the appropriate HR plans, programs, process, and tools (including compensation, benefits, leadership, staffing, diversity & inclusion) based on financial and legal exposure.